Ricky Borchert

Hello. I'm a new member here. I have been here a couple times before under my uncles user name. I posted about his passing and that he left me his 85 GN. I have been pretty busy with everything associated with his passing. He is now resting in peace in Mississippi next to his wife and daughter.

I have moved to his home and trying to get stuff gone thru concerning this car. He has parts everywhere. All the way over in Ohio as far as I can tell. I'll be going over to get them next weekend. Anyway I have my own account on here now. I will be asking alot of questions and asking for help on this car. Biggest question is do I go with his last wish and do a ls swap or keep it a turbo v-6. He has a Lq4 6.0 and a 4L80e trans with computer and wire harness siting in the garage.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like he left the car in good hands. The big question you asked is awfully difficult for anyone to answer. None of us really wants you to take out the V6. Then you mention his last wish and that really makes it a difficult decision. Here are two ways to look at it. Fulfill his last wish and know that you accomplished what he wanted. Then there is the selfish approach... Keep it the way it is and enjoy the car just like you and your uncle did. Those memories might mean more than altering the car. Bottom line, it's your call. A tough one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: