New Member Here!

Tom L

Well, it all started way back in 83' when my older brother bought a new silver Hurst olds, then a few years later he bought a new GN. Shortly afterward his GF [Now my sister in law] also bought a new GN but totaled it on the highway, thank god she didn't get hurt but I remember the tow truck dropping it off on a flatbed, only the wheels could be salvaged.:( My brother did alot of mods to his GN and ran 11:20 1/4 at Island Dragway here in NJ. When he got married he sold it.
That GN always stuck in my mind over the years and I wanted one badly, but I got married, kids and that was that. In 2003 I got divorced and came across a 87' GN for sale on a dead end street, so it wasn't seen by many people driving by. 73,000 miles, T-tops, power locks & windows,and rough. It sat for a long time but ran nicely. $3,800 and I drove it home! Did a full tune-up and replaced the shocks, upper & lower control arms, new brakes, radiator hoses, fan belts, heater control valve, recharged A/C, installed frame and rear seat bracekit. ATR exhaust, computer chip, 40lb injectors, Huston downpipe, TE44 turbo, ESP intercooler, new fuel lines, sanded complete undercarriage and POR 15 semi gloss black, installed new interior including headliner and "Barefoot" gas pedal I got from JC whitney [JUST KIDDING!]:D
Also replaced Trans with rebuilt one having shiftkit and 2,800 stall. Only problem was that it was a 20/20 car, looked good going 20mph from 20ft away. :frown: Three years ago a friend who owned a shop stripped it down to bare metal, replaced a quarter panel and did other work. Then because of a illness he couldn't finish it so I brought it to a shop here in north jersey and he's had it 1 year now. It's 75% done but T-roof channels have rusted holes so alot of silly putty is needed, oops I mean custom fabrication welding.Hopefully I will have it back this april, just need to install aluminum radiator when finished. A cop friend of mine had a connection and hooked me up with complete GM weather stripping kit too.
I have to tell you that before it got stripped I took it out one last time on a quiet road with a friend and nailed it. He was pinned back in his seat and afterward admitted the GN would eat his 70' RT/SE challenger.:cool:
Most people would have looked at the GN sitting in the hot sun with torn interior, leaking T roofs and walked away in disgust. I looked at it and knew it could be brought back from the brink of distinction because it deserves to be. Other toys include a 83' Suzuki GS1100E, 95' Kawasaki KZ1000P, 99' Kawasaki ZRX1100 [ZRXOA Member# 96] 2004 yamaha FX140 waverunner, 98' V6 Honda Accord with 215,000 miles and 2007 Acura TL S-type. I have two teenagers, ages 15 & 16, is there a forum here I can put them up for sale?:rolleyes:

The kids? Maybe ebay...:eek:

Welcome to the board. Hopefully you'll have your ride back soon. It's good to know there are still those of us who can see past a basketcase car and put in the time and effort, not to mention Money, to bring these cars back from the dead...

Cool, Welcome!. Post some pics. Yeah, I think Craig's List will sell kids.:biggrin:

Welcome!! As a new member also, I can assure you that the knowledge about these cars is definately here (just not much from me).:) When you have questions or problems, do a thorough search. If you can't find the answer, post a question. If you post it...they will answer.

Thanks! I forgot to mention my friend who did the body work on the car his father is the original owner of a 87' T-type with the WE4 package. It has 60,000 miles and has been sitting in his garage for the last 10 years and never driven. His dad told him: You want it? you can have it for free just come get it.
I don't know why but he hasn't went to get it. Hmmmm should I go see his dad with cash in hand?;)

Go for it!!! I would try just for S and G's. You never know You might get lucky:biggrin: welcome
to the post.