New looking for help/opinions

New2GNturbo

I am new to the Buick Turbo world and coming from the classic muscle car world I wanted to get a few opinions. I'm in the market for my first turbo and wanted to get opinions on what I should look for? I'm pretty sure I want to go w/ an 87' GN but not sure about anything else from there. What should I be on the look out, common scams etc. Any help is appreciated.

I would try and find one that has low miles on it, that is in your budget if your looking for a show/cruiser. Race car, I would find a sweet deal on the TB cars for sale section and just read what most people are saying about the sell of the car. Trust me you will save a ton of $$$, buying something that is nice and ready to roll. But if your looking for a daily driver, it doesn't really matter, just try and find something your happy with, without to many mods, rust and stuff of that sort. For the most part you could not be happier driving a good running TB, but still get ready to spend some money once the car is purchased.

Good luck

Don't limit yourself by lack of knowledge. Spend some time reading and you'll see that it's not only the 87GN that is desireable. Granted, the 86 and 87's are more preferable, Just don't lock yoursefl into the 87gn only mindset.

You can find lots of 86's and 87's GN's, T-Types, T's, limiteds, We4's, etc...

Take your time and learn and you'll be surprised at what you find.

If you're looking for a good deal now, check out the for sale section on this board. Lots of nice cars practically being given away...

Ditto

I would always advise someone to buy a car that has mods..at least a scan tool hooked up... that way you know at the very least the owner knew how to manage the tune.

I would stay away from any car that has stock chip, has miles and no scanmaster or any other device that alerts of Knock

just myO2