New intake by Champion?

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
The intake fits 109 blocks and stage blocks,and is made for off center and one for on center also.

Sweet. Wonder how much better it performs over the stock intake. Many of guys are porting the stock intake even for Stage projects. :confused:

Ok for $700 ,what does it do that a ported stocker for $265 wont do...Some please have a good answer.... :rolleyes:

It has the capabilities of flowing a lot more air. Champion also relocated the injectors higher in the runners for better fuel atomization (their conclusion). Keep in mind you are getting intake, upper plenum, and fuels rails for that price. Not to mention a stocker won't fit an on-center without doing major surgery to it. You also can sell your old parts to off set the cost of the new.

Originally posted by HighPSI
It has the capabilities of flowing a lot more air. Champion also relocated the injectors higher in the runners for better fuel atomization (their conclusion). Keep in mind you are getting intake, upper plenum, and fuels rails for that price. Not to mention a stocker won't fit an on-center without doing major surgery to it. You also can sell your old parts to off set the cost of the new.

Better than a converted 4brl to efi for an oncntr S2?

Thanks.

did they fix the flow biasing problem of the stocker or will RJC just have to make a powerplate for this one?

Most of the carberated intakes I see are on stage2 headed motors. I would think a converted carb intake would be cheaper. Not sure how much when you figure in the cost of a new fuel regulator, plenum elbow, fitting the up pipe, modifying the coil bracket, etc...

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
did they fix the flow biasing problem of the stocker or will RJC just have to make a powerplate for this one?

I haven't tested one yet. I do know the BGC intake was worse than a stocker when it came to cylinder to cylinder variances. I have already spoken to Jason about making a plate (if needed) for the Champion intake. When I get an intake for my own car, it will go to RJC before the install :)

Nicely Done

They did a nice job with that intake. It s nice to see that Champion has stepped up to help the Buick community. The really cool thing about this is, that you can call them and buy one. Not having to worry about trying to locate an old BGC version from someone who is making a fortune off something used.

Why do people wine bag about a product that can help them go faster in the future.

I'm not whining. What I'm wondering is if it fixed the most pressing problem of the stocker? I hate it when people engineer something that does not solve a known problem. Working in the failure analysis world has just sharpened that peeve over the years. My entire job is to figure out what happened so someone can fix it before it costs more money or worse lifes. Guess I'm just a bit obsessed about the air flow issue. No hard feelings, just venting after a fustrating day.

These intakes are not for Stage 2 HEADED motors,But stage 2 motors with production STYLE heads,As in THe 14 bolt GN1s and i would think the new TA heads also
They did a great job on the intake,And i am up in the air right now,as i already have a BG intake on my car, Anyone interested in a ported BG intake w a RJC power plate,Make a deal and ill order a new Champion.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
These intakes are not for Stage 2 HEADED motors,But stage 2 motors with production STYLE heads,As in THe 14 bolt GN1s and i would think the new TA heads also
They did a great job on the intake,And i am up in the air right now,as i already have a BG intake on my car, Anyone interested in a ported BG intake w a RJC power plate,Make a deal and ill order a new Champion.

Thanks.

me either...not surprising. Says I am not allowed to view this page.

Originally posted by 86gn
Cant see the pics.

?????
not working here. yesterday on the computer at work. the photos showed in the thread. this morning at home i have to click on the photo and it says im not allowed to view.

Somehow this thread is bouncing from the Turbo Lounge, where you can view pics, back to the General Tech where you can't view them. Nick can you do something about this, either put us back in the Lounge or somehow get the pics back on?

Thanks,

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
Somehow this thread is bouncing from the Turbo Lounge, where you can view pics, back to the General Tech where you can't view them. Nick can you do something about this, either put us back in the Lounge or somehow get the pics back on?

Thanks,

I will move it back to the lounge so all can view it. ;)

Is anybody using one of these yet?

Are there any improvements over a ported stocker and RJC power Plate?

TIA , Frank

Not a bad price for everything included IF it flows much better than the ported stocker.

What size are the rails?

I would personally send it off to get either black or polished aluminum powdercoated.

A power plate is a must and while its there see if Jace will do a flow comparision test with it.

Any info on gains found with this intake? I just ordered one, with some GN1 heads, hope they match up good to begin with.

Is this thing a boat anchor? Who said something about weight?