New GM radio install

mags

I just recieved a new ACDelco radio/CD player from Kirban.
What needs to be removed and what is the best way to remove it?
I assume the glossy black plastic bezel around the whole radio area needs to come off first. I don't want to brake it. How do I get it off carefully?

Originally posted by mags
I just recieved a new ACDelco radio/CD player from Kirban.
What needs to be removed and what is the best way to remove it?
I assume the glossy black plastic bezel around the whole radio area needs to come off first. I don't want to brake it. How do I get it off carefully?

pull the cig lighter out and gently start pulling at the edges of the bezel working your way around. there are 4 or 5 clips holding it on connected to some plastic tabs behind the bezel. They are sure to fall off (most of mine did) you will hear them dropping as the bezel comes out but dont worry. Take your time and youll be fine..

Originally posted by PaulRV6
Is it a stock replacement? Does it have the equalizer? How much?

paul
It is a stock replacement/w correct harness. Its 93-95 vintage with EQ. Kirban gets them every once and a while. It got me for $445.

Thanks dsa87GN

A friend of mine gave me a Sony AM/FM/CD with a 10 pack for the trunk Model XR-C400 and it fits exactly in the stock hole. I just need to grind a bit of metal on the top mounting holes of the player and solder the wires to a jumper connector I bought from Crap Tire to the Sony units wires so I can use the OEM wires and speakers.

i like my 2002 camaro cd player for 100 on ebay...fits right into stock location, and looks stock as well. i had one of those older cd players and they crap out very often because they lack a fan and they overheat