New Ebay scam, watch out

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Here is a (new to me) scam that almost got me so be advised.

Received a message through ebay, actually on my ebay messages. From a user with over 50 positive feedbacks. He stated "Interested in your item, but I found something similar" Then he had a URL address that looked like an ebay item number. I clicked on it, it asked for my username and password. I backed out of it. Responded that the link asked for my username and password and that I wasn't going to enter that. I was intent on reporting it to ebay as spoof. Busy at the moment getting ready for work and didn't get a chance to.

Well as you know they send an email to you when you receive a message. My wife checked my email and saw it on there. Opened it, clicked the link, entered my username and password. Guess she thought it was legit, as they do ask for the security screening when you send a message.

Whoever this was ended my items early. Sent offers to all the bidders I think. Fortunately my ebay and paypal passwords are different so they didn't get any of my money. I did have to contact ebay to get the ebay fees removed and relist the auction.

Just really sick and tired of all of the thieves out there that have nothing better to do than to rip people off. They must make really good money as there are so many people doing it.

I got a fake Paypal e-mail wanting me th reverify my credit card data. I almost fell for it. Brad

I nevr had anythin glike that from ebay but i would get crap like that all the time from pay pal scams so i just switched to a new email adress and i dont get them anymore.

I get those scams at least a couple of times a month from both e-bay, and paypal. Every single one of them reported to the companies (SPOOF) I had the same person send me the same scam 3 times in one month, and all e-bay did was just raise all fees by 40% as of 01/30/07 :mad:

I hope they get hacked and shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!