new ebay headers

I bought a set but did not install yet ,,looks like there might be a clearance problem with my Postons 3 inh down pipe..quality looks good though

Installing for a friend sometime this week (Need the extra $ to send Bweavy:eek: ), we'll see how it goes. I'm not even sure what kind of downpipe is being used. I'll let ya know how it goes.

There are different sellers on ebay with somewhat similar products, that's why I was asking for the vendor's name and how was their product in order to make a good buy.

Hope yours turn out good.

Sorry i forgot to add that part, i bought the ones from JDMmotors. still waiting to hear anything from them.

update on the ebay headers

I drove SloGN 430 miles over the weekend and so far they seem to be hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit :)

only time and mileage wll tell how they hold up.

BTW spool-up is great with them over the stockers

I drove SloGN 430 miles over the weekend and so far they seem to be hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit :)

If I recall, you got the JDM headers, correct? Did they come with the O2 bung already installed?

JDM?

How was fitment?

Great to know everything's fine so far. Congratulations!

joel here ya go

hey guys

I got my JDM motors ebay headers installed today.

The headers fit the heads and block great with no problems at all. the only problem that i ran into was the bottom bolt on the middle tube on the pass side header is entirely too close to the tubes. so a little bit of massaging with a hammer to clearance the tube and it fit using a 3/8 header bolt in that hole.

The cross over fits very good no modding there. The only problem that i have is there is a small leak where the cross over pipe slips together. but thats nothing a band clamp can't fix.

Now the THDP will fit bit you will need a hott wrench to heat up the pipe and dent in the side of the pipe to get it to clear the crossover. OR you can just get a 1/2 inch spacer to go between the turbo and the downpipe.

I just chose to clearance the DP since the pipe has had some other clearnace issues before that had to be pounding out

i will take pics of it tomorrow.

Also i'm going to take some back pressure reading with the new headers to see if changing the headers has made a diffrence in the pre-turbine back pressure.

I have noticed a big difference in the tip-in response on the throttle.

Yeah the headers now have a nice blue tint to them at the flanges and a really nice bronze color every where else.

you really can't go wrong with them. i gave 189 buck plus shipping and that was like 28 bucks

here is what i had to do to get mine to fit on the car

Got mine from JDMotorz. They look pretty nice, I was really suprised. Mine did have the O2 bung installed. The welds on the inside of the headers were ground down. I am going to do a little more work on the inside of the exhaust ports.

I had a set of heads sitting on my bench, and the flanges don't seem to fit flat against the head, but it is not bad. I am going to have them milled flat.

Has anyone used these with a stock downpipe? I got more than 1/2 way done installing them on a nearly stock '87 GN, and from what I can tell so far, the stock downpipe isn't going to work. The middle bolt on the passenger side header, the one on the bottom cylinder 4 is a real PITA, I had to hammer the bolt into place before putting header into engine bay. Drivers side went right in, used all stock bolts, had to "massage" the a/c & alternator bracket as the flange on these headers are thicker than stock headers. I got both sides installed and snugged up. The 3 bolt flange under the turbo had to be hammered to make room for one of the bolts. O2 bung was there with a plug in it. So for tomorrow, all I have to do is get the crossover pipes put in, cut the stock crossover and tell the guy to go to an exhaust shop to have them fix that. I would not install these if I didn't have access to the lift!!

It would be real nice if some TR vendor out there, would buy all these headers up, and massage them to fit properly, then add a reasonable cost to them for the work.