New, current updated Michigan thread.

Oh nice! Right down the road..I use to work on 8 and Farmington road last year, surprised I never saw you around town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, like Tony, my wife and I are hosting Christmas this year.....so i am doing the "Clark Griswald" thing this year....LOL....after that deal, it will be great to share some good times and have a few with the Turbo Buick Club! Can't wait, maybe December 27th, or whatever is best for the club....see ya all real soon!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! Craig

Not sure if you guys were meeting tonight or not. Haven't heard anything so assume not. Have friends over tonight to do a Christmas get together anyhow. Let me know when the next one is

Ok, whew! Long holiday (we hosted this year) and am busy at work but good to go now. Threw my schedule off a little. Who here's enjoying this lovely weather we're having? My GN runs like a CHAMP in 5 degree weather! I can run 28 psi on 87 octane, it's awesome lol. Just kidding. Did you guys ever get together in Mount Clemens at all?

Hey Tony! Don't think we ever got together in Mt. Clemens, with all the holiday stuff going on.....maybe we can all nail down a date? Right on, the colder the better if you're a T-Buick!! Craig

This weekend is looking good, though I'm not sure which day I'll be free for sure.

What, you don't like cold ;) Next Sat. will work, hopefully a few more will chime in by then.

That's a great idea, Tony! BTW, I listed my other two cars out on the Web, wish me luck!......will add a second Turbo GN to the stall! ; )

Good lucky buddy! BUT, do you think you should keep the extra cash for spare parts and stuff for the one you already have?

Extra cash for spare/upgrade parts? Hmm......What does everyone recommend to up the HP on an '87 Intercooled T? I have the "standard stuff", catalytic pipe, 160 degree T-stat, Kenne Bell ram air intake w/K&N, higher flow exhaust. Also, what mods are out there for the "hot air cars", i.e., 1984 to 1985 Turbo Buicks? I know Sherif fabbed on an Intercooler on his beast....anything else to help bump up the stock 200 hp? Thanks!

You have a hot air too? As for the intercooled, you have a good list, but make sure you have the 4 brace kits and either a poly drivers side motor mount or the rjc engine brace. Make sure your cooling system is up to par (pressure checks and fan turn on points and motor checks) get a scanmaster, boost gauge and oil pressure gauge. Maybe some 60 pound injectors. Verify fuel pressure, get a power plate, and maybe either alky or some race gas. Throw some nice tires on there as well, you're going to need them. How many miles on the T? How are your valve springs and timing chain? Maybe a better intercooler? I have a dutt necked intercooler laying around. It's stripped now but I will get it painted and it's intercooler decal put back on if you want to buy it. What chip's in it? Have you checked it for vac leaks already?

As for a hot air, they need a little more work to be "fun". Which means everything ported, heads, cam, bigger turbo, injectors, aluminum maf tube, alky, an 87 ecm, chip, up pipe, down pipe, full exhaust, stock fan delete w/ f body rad mod w/ electric fans. If you're looking to do it on the cheap, the MINIMUM you're going to want is f body rad/160 t stat, exhaust, chip, fuel pump w/ hotwire alky, and turn up the boost. That's in addition to the mandatory brace kits, engine brace, tires, and leakdown/compression check. But please don't intercool it. Keep it a hot air. This is from a restorer's stand point. I hate to see ultra modded cars to the point where they're not even the same car they were any more.

Last edited:
Ok, I had just been reminded about plans I had forgotten about yesterday. That day was next Saturday the 24th. But I'm free that Friday and Sunday. Would you guys want to meet up next weekend then? If not I'm free this Sunday as well. We could meet up at the car show, and use that to check the box for our montly meet-up. I think that would be really fun.