new cometics lasted 300'

tsm3089

put new gaskets in last week. Went to the track and pretty much blew all six holes before i hit second gear. If your injector harness is ever in question get a new one or zip tie the main conector together. I now know what happens when the harness comes unpluged at wot. Had this happened in high gear it would of been ugly.

Attachments

• IMG00251.jpg
    IMG00251.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG00252.jpg
    IMG00252.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 618
You either have a HUGE timing problem or a HUGE fuel delivery problem.

:eek:

I'm thinking from his statement, he had a HUGE fuel issue...... injector harness came unplugged:eek:

If it came unplugged it SHOULD just shut down as there would be NO fuel.
If it does not have a caspers hotwire injector harness buy one.

Be sure to check flatness and straightness of the heads and deck before putting it back together. Even if it was straight before it might not be now.

Sorry to hear that. At least you know why it happened and you have it apart. Are you going to use the cometics again or try another gasket. I know it wasn't the gaskets fault I just don't like how they look when you pull them off. Something about them makes me feel like they're not worth the $140.

WOW! I was going to say that mine are going on 7 years now. With a pain in the butt retorque of the heads once a year to be sure. I will definitely go attack the wiring before I head out to the track this next year.

ya can't blame a gasket for doing its job. We have used these on all our motors here. NO detonation and they work awesome. :cool:

timing or fuel have never been a problem before. went 9.30 @ 1.44 this spring with iron heads. So far everything looks good. The king rod bearing take a beating!!

Attachments

• _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00253.jpg
    _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00253.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 496
Its probably from those 1.2x 60's on those 275s!
Are you going to bg? Jello shots?

It is weird to me that people think they know more about the guys car than the owner himself.

Peace, Kip

If the injector harness was coming unplugged it is very likely that he could have been getting some pulse width to the injectors, but not enough and no question extremely erratic.

Think about it, as it is coming unplugged the pins are becoming loose. That coupled with vibrations = the above statement.

Kevin, I just looked at your sig. I am still laughing my azz off. You know Bo and Luke would have made that jump. :biggrin:

Kevin, I just looked at your sig. I am still laughing my azz off. You know Bo and Luke would have made that jump. :biggrin:

You know being from the south, those Duke boys would have had a cruise middle in that ta. The boost button would tell the ams1000 to give it all she's got. There's no doubt they would have cleared that bridge lol.

Jason at the mwbc the optima red top went bad. After i got home a leak down showed # 3 weak. Pulled heads and # 3 was leaking by the extra head bolt hole. Put it all back together and the injector harness clip is missing so 2 zip ties hold it together. I did not put the ties on and this was the end result. New harness end and new injector harness ordered from caspers today!!