New combo

AutoWorks did the build? Where are they located?

Thats AWESOME... congrats.. Im gonna have to start getting mine installed now.. Good luck with it.. :biggrin:

According to the 1/4 Mile calculator, a 3800lb Vehicle at 600 HP (14# a boost tune) you will run 10.75. At 700 (24# Tune) you will run 10.22. And finally at 28# or 730 HP we are looking at 10 flat. Congratulations!

Wow, impressive numbers! Would you mind sharing the RPM at which the peak HP occurred? I'd be curious to see where the peak HP occurred during the 14 psi pull, and the 24 psi pull. Thanks!

I can't tell you guys what a pleasure it was working with Jason. A lot of times I'll fly in to tune a car and spend 90% of the time getting it ready to be tuned. Jason had the streetability pretty close, and once I installed the 2.0 upgrade, the car got dialed in very quickly. He is a great guy to deal with, who doesn't cut any corners.
This car is your basic THS build other than the compressor cover. The hp it makes speaks for itself. The amazing part about all of this is it was a pump gas/alky tune and we were at 4000' elevation with a stock stroke engine.
Thanks again Jason, for allowing me to be a part of your program.

FWIW: The timing values he posted aren't 100% correct, but they are close enough.

According to the 1/4 Mile calculator, a 3800lb Vehicle at 600 HP (14# a boost tune) you will run 10.75. At 700 (24# Tune) you will run 10.22. And finally at 28# or 730 HP we are looking at 10 flat. Congratulations!

700whp will put a full weight TR in the 9.60 range. You need to punch about 800hp into your calc for it to work on this car

@Cal, thanks for your kind words, your knowledge is awe inspiring. We will do it again on the next project!
@Brian I'm hoping to see a 9.80 ish pass and I'll probably turn it back down to 16-18 and let it live. I'd like to do a 4.1 now and put it in a 51 Buick Special I'm going to buy. :cool:

Thanks guys. We were at 5500 peak power on all pulls consistently.

Interesting. I would of thought the HP peaks would of been a little higher. I'll be having a Janis-built transmission started very soon and since our combos are very similar, it will help me decide on my shift points. Thanks for the info!

Okay, here we go.
Yes PTC convertor 10" 3000 L/U
@ 14 psi and 20* timing 593hp with 620 tq
@ 24 psi and 16* timing 693 and 733 tq
@ 26 psi and 18* timing 720 and 750 tq
@ 28 psi not sure of timing 730 and 760 tq
The 730 was actually on THE 1ST pull and not a "cleaned up" tune, was a real shocker to all of us as the boost controller had NO control!

Congrats Wow those HP number going thru a 3000 stall PTC 10' and not the 9.5 ? Was that a L/U or N/L

L/U there are videos of a pull I did on Sat. That was 626 @ 21 psi on you tube and the turbo Buick Facebook page, I can't link currently.

Bacon curtains sizzlin'