New chip, now high idle???

1BADT

TurboHolic
Just installed my new Jay Carter chip the other day. It is for 92 octane gas and 30# injectors with 19 degrees timing.

Well my problem is, the car idles in gear at around 975 rpm's, stock tach. My previous chip idled at 850 rpm's, stock tach.

What could be the cause of this? Jay says that the chip is set to run at 750 rpm's IN GEAR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I dont know anyone else who idles their chips high like I do so if your last chip idled that high, maybe just your tach is off? If its the stock tach, that's a given.

High idle

double check the IAC counts at idle and make sure the throttle is closing completely.

I have seen a mis-adjusted cruise control cable cause high idle as well.

Regards,

Bob

(BTW I idle stock cammed cars at 750 in gear....)

:cool:

My tach must be really be off. Time to invest in a VDO!!!

As for the idle, the more I drive the car the more I like the idle a little higher than my previous setting. Feels stronger when I let her rip after waiting for them stop lights.

Thanks for chip JAY I think it's going to work great... A 100 0ctane chip from ya might be in the near future!!!!

The chips I have bought from JL were set at 775. I burning my own and I like it 750 to 775 also. The used chip of yours I bought was 750. Guess that's why you are the chip guru. :cool:

Chuck