New California Methanol rule

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Sorry if this has been covered already....

So today I stop by my methanol source and he tells me that it is now illegal for him to sell me methanol for use in a street vehicle:mad: and if I want to buy some, it can only be used in race vehicles or boats and I'd have to sign some commi-pinko form with all my ID and address info saying that's what I intend to use it for.

Based on what I understand about methanol....it's actually a very clean burning FUEL ALTERNATIVE and is actually approved in other environmentally stiff regions such as Europe and Japan as a clean fuel additive of sorts (OK in small percentages of overall fuel volume).

I think the EPA even sees it as a clean alternative fuel.

So my question is...
What the bejesus is going on here?

Have the tree hugging, paranoid, save the planet, we're doomed, man is a pest and has no right to live, it's used in race cars so it must be sinful Bureaucrat types who are running the CARB ignored all common sense and reason (again) while putting another misinformed, over bearing, zero impact law onto the books so they can feel important and worth the billions of wasted tax dollars and revenue generating jobs they are costing us?
...or...:confused:
Will my Alky kit really kill the planet, drop a polar bear or melt an ice berg next time I step on the gas peddle just because I run methanol to preserve my engine from sure destruction due to the already over regulated and weakened California fuel options I'm forced to use on every tree huggin' street corner?

So today I stop by my methanol source and he tells me that it is now illegal for him to sell me methanol for use in a street vehicle:mad: and if I want to buy some, it can only be used in race vehicles or boats and I'd have to sign some commi-pinko form with all my ID and address info saying that's what I intend to use it for.

Based on what I understand about methanol....it's actually a very clean burning FUEL ALTERNATIVE and is actually approved in other environmentally stiff regions such as Europe and Japan as a clean fuel additive of sorts (OK in small percentages of overall fuel volume).

So my question is...

Have the tree hugging, paranoid, save the planet, we're doomed, man is a pest and has no right to live, it's used in race cars so it must be sinful Bureaucrat types who are running the CARB ignored all common sense and reason (again) while putting another misinformed, over bearing, zero impact law onto the books so they can feel important and worth the billions of wasted tax dollars and revenue generating jobs they are costing us?
Will my Alky kit really kill the planet, drop a polar bear or melt an ice berg next time I step on the gas peddle just because I run methanol to preserve my engine from sure destruction due to the already over regulated and weakened California fuel options I'm forced to use on every tree huggin' street corner?

Yes, we are doomed and it's the tyrannical, upside down, corrupt government BS like this that proves it. It just sounds too preposterous to be true, but apparently, the proof is in the pudding.

It's your state's lovely CARB and what they're trying to do to protect your health

Bang Shift : : C.A.R.B Advisory -- Running Racing Fuel in Your Street Car is Illegal, Even If You Are Racing It

Leaded and unleaded racing fuel that does not meet the California RFG specifications (non-complying racing gasoline) can only be sold, offered for sale, offered for supply, or supplied for use in true, competition racing vehicles. The retailer, i.e. service station, speed shop, auto parts store, fuel distributor, and race track fuel dispensing facility, etc., who is selling or supplying this non-complying gasoline must "take reasonable prudent precautions to assure that the gasoline will be used only in racing vehicles." If the vehicle this fuel is to be used in is registered or licensed for on-road or off-road use, this usually indicates that non-complying racing fuel cannot be used in it and the sale or supply of the fuel should not take place. CARB will consider this and all other relevant circumstances to determine if "reasonable prudent precautions" were followed in any particular case. In evaluating whether "reasonable and prudent precautions" were followed, CARB will consider whether the retailer kept a record of each sale of non-complying racing gasoline and whether each sales record contains the following information:

M1 is pretty dangerous and has always been considered a race fuel. So, your buying it for a race car. That's it.

Sure Methanol is dangerous...I wouldn't drink it or pour it into a river.... but after accidently getting a mouthful of gasoline during a late 70's syphoning run and then puking gas vapors for nearly a week....I'd strongly suggest that gasoline is pretty darn dangerous too...:tongue:

My point is this...
Snitty little sweeping regulations like this have zero measurable impact on the environment.
ZERO
Not as long as 30+% of the polution floating through the air in California is floating in from China and India via the upper atmosphere jet streams.

The real reason behind making all these hokey witch hunt rules is to install more bureaucracy so these pinheads can keep their jobs in the face of the states bankruptcy.

There would be more measureable benefit in installing cat converters on the exhaust end of the cows running around fartin' up a funk at the dairy and slaughter houses.:D

This particular regulation will only force more street legal drags.....onto the streets.
More lunchables for me, I guess...:p

My best friend and my brother live in CA and the weather is nice 98% of the time. Other than that CA sucks big balls. Ive never been anywhere with so much BS regulation that wastes taxpayers $ as CA does. They hit you in the rear hard and dont use any lube. Not to mention that 90% of the citizens are as fake as they come, everything is expensive as hell, and traffic is simply atrocious. Maybe they will use up the $ from undocumented race fuel sales fines to do an addition onto the house the state paid for for that octo mom kunt when her kids start multiplying and they run out of room in that nice house that taxpayers paid for:rolleyes:

My best friend and my brother live in CA and the weather is nice 98% of the time. Other than that CA sucks big balls. Ive never been anywhere with so much BS regulation that wastes taxpayers $ as CA does. They hit you in the rear hard and dont use any lube. Not to mention that 90% of the citizens are as fake as they come, everything is expensive as hell, and traffic is simply atrocious. Maybe they will use up the $ from undocumented race fuel sales fines to do an addition onto the house the state paid for for that octo mom kunt when her kids start multiplying and they run out of room in that nice house that taxpayers paid for:rolleyes:

Your on a ROLL! and 99.9% accurate

I don't know when this rule went into affect, but I just bought some last week no issues...

Your on a ROLL! and 99.9% accurate

Notice i said 90% of the citizens. I didnt even figure in the illegals that are a huge problem that they dont know what to do about that keep reproducing over here. That would throw the % off. Probably dropping it to 65%. If Obama could get his way at everything they would be getting welfare and all that BS too. Not trying to turn this into a political thread but making methanol sales for use as motor fuel on public highways illegal was a 100% douche bag politician move. They keep chasing after pennies when they should go after dollars.

Illegals are not citizens.

And without them there would be no economy.

It hits a sore spot when I hear people getting high and mighty about being legal. That's not a problem, problem are lazy ass people. There are just as many lazy poor white people that are a bigger drag on the economy, and they have no problem reproducing.

Unless you are a rock or something, you are a migrant. White people more so than indigenous mexicans. The only reason europeans aren't illegal is they killed off as many people as they could and forced themselves on to the land then made up laws. I see a bunch of double standard people that are too scared to look into the mirror in this country. That is what made me sick on 9-11, racism that ran rampant. I hate people that want to blame other races anytime anything bad happens, when the problems are the people in the country, people in charge, and the actions of the past. I try to avoid political stuff anymore, but coming from a family of migrant workers it just strikes a personal chord, so forgive my rant...

Otherwise, I agree, the bureaucratic bs is over the top. Everything is too expensive here in Ca, it's bs. However, california is nice. If it wasn't it'd be cheaper. What really pisses most people off in this state is they are taking away everybody's toys, which is why we live here! Come on Ca, let's find a middle, reasonable ground.

So my question is...

The 2 things methonal produces when it's burned in an engine is H2O and formaldehyde vapor, which is a "cancer causing chemical" according to kalifornication. That's why they are restricting it.

Welcome to Kalifornia.

Where anyone can buy a perscription to get "medical" marijuana in the hundreds of dispensarys around here, for next to nothing. Just don't get caught in possession of methanol.

Hey Tim, Maybe we could get you a perscription for methanol from Dr. Czarnota? With refills of course.:D

It's going to be like prohibition all over again.:eek:

I can see it now. Lou's Auto and speakeasy.

Happy spooling, while it lasts...

Mike Barnard

The 2 things methonal produces when it's burned in an engine is H2O and formaldehyde vapor, which is a "cancer causing chemical" according to kalifornication. That's why they are restricting it.

Well then good!
It'll serve a useful purpose and kill off some folks which will "cull the heard" of carbon footprint generating people pests.
That is what all the deep end liberal turn green or die environmentalists suggest needs to happen anyway. Fewer people will save the planet.

...and the dead will be well preserved...

So again....What's the problem with my Alky kit?

Here is what the gloriously green E85 produces when it's burned:
Here is a list of different gasses when e85 is burned.

Carbon monoxide
nitrogen oxides
methane
ethane
propane
ethene
propene
1,3-butadiene
formaldehyde
acetaldehyde
benzene
sulfur oxides
ammonia
Source(s):
Effects of Ethanol (E85) versus
Gasoline Vehicles on Cancer and
Mortality in the United States
M A R K Z . J A C O B S O N
Environ. Sci. Technol. 2007, 41, 4150-4157

Oh....that sounds so much better....:rolleyes:
Glad CARB and EPA are watching my back...

From Wiki:
Methanol, also known as methyl alcohol, wood alcohol, wood naphtha or wood spirits, is a chemical with formula CH3OH (often abbreviated MeOH). It is the simplest alcohol, and is a light, volatile, colorless, flammable, liquid with a distinctive odor that is very similar to but slightly sweeter than ethanol (drinking alcohol).[2] At room temperature it is a polar liquid and is used as an antifreeze, solvent, fuel, and as a denaturant for ethanol. It is also used for producing biodiesel via transesterification reaction.

Methanol is produced naturally in the anaerobic metabolism of many varieties of bacteria, and is ubiquitous in the environment. As a result, there is a small fraction of methanol vapor in the atmosphere. Over the course of several days, atmospheric methanol is oxidized with the help of sunlight to carbon dioxide and water.

Methanol burns in air forming carbon dioxide and water:

2 CH3OH + 3 O2 → 2 CO2 + 4 H2O
A methanol flame is almost colorless in bright sunlight.

Because of its toxic properties, methanol is frequently used as a denaturant additive for ethanol manufactured for industrial uses — this addition of methanol exempts industrial ethanol from liquor excise taxation. Methanol is often called wood alcohol because it was once produced chiefly as a byproduct of the destructive distillation of wood."

It's freaking MOONSHINE!!!!
It's naturally produced by bacteria....

Bacteria....they tell my kids in school...is where humans evolved from (what a stupid, lonely friggin' idiot Darwin was).

So to solve this problem for CARB, we gotta nip this in te bud.
We need to band together to wipe out all Bacteria before they run amok producing more methanol, kill the planet, and produce more pesty people and....
...and...
...and...

Know what....I'm understanding more and more why I honestly and deeply believe in God.
If I didn't...I'd be some paranoid lunatic who chased my tail all day making up stories about how I'm just a beautiful monkey and the monkey is just a beautiful ameba...and if we don't stop breathing and farting and using Julio's kits RIGHT NOW the world will suddenly die and... and...we'd be dead.

Good Lord I can't wait to get to heaven so I can sit back, dust my halo off, watch this circus with the rest of the angels and just laugh as Armageddon unfolds.
I want a front row seat when Beezy sticks all these talking head, lost politicians in the rump with his pitchfork.
Especially Pelosi and Hillary. Those witches got something coming.

Thank GOD for Methanol
In God I trust.:D

Now where's my anti-bacterial spray...I gotta get busy saving the world.

What would Moses say?

All people coming here are only trying to "improve" their life and I don't care if they are black, red, poke-a-dot, white, brown or yella. I watched the Ten Commandments and Moses said that there is no Freedom without The Law. So if you don't follow the law to come into any/our country than you are illegal and should be sent back to your country where ever that is, then go about coming in the right way. The US has the most generous immigration laws in the world.
PS: I wonder what China would do?