New best & Milan ROCKS!

turbobuick

Staff member
Went to Milan last night for the Outlaw Drag radial race and had a blast! That place was PACKED with at least 300 cars and packed stands! We ended up not being allowed to run the class due to a class rule requiring an enigine diaper but we were allowed to make test passes with the class. The personnel there were very accomadating even offering a refund if I didn't want to make any runs.

Track prep was phenomenal but unfortunately my car was not cooperating with the first two passes being scrub runs due to a stupid computer glitch we finally figured out. We finally made a third pass and it was a beauty!

60' 1.27 (On Drag Radials!!)
330' 3.578
1/8 5.4509
MPH 131.21
1000' 7.0620
1/4 ET 8.4278
1/4 MPH 164.39

So when I get to the pull off after the run I have three track personel running toward me and I'm think uttoh what now this usually isn't good and the car seemed fine. I open the door and the guy is giving me water and gatorade and the other guy in loading my chute into the trunk and another guy is asking which lane I was in and what I thought of the track!! I felt like John Force!! Fantastic place I can't wait to go back I had a blast!!

Car is running VERY well. If someone doesn't buy this motor or car soon I may actually have to turn it up:eek:

Happy 4th of July!!

Nice!

Nice run Chris! What size radial are you running on the car?

John Martin
1986 Buick T-Type
9.71 @ 140

I was there! congrats on the run, very nice looking car. I wish i could talk my wife into another car.

Congratulations!!! Thats gittin er done!! Now put a diaper/ or pan on it and go have some fun. Mike:cool:

Congratulation, nice run Chris. I seen you at your trailer when we went by with the car, was going to come over and talk to you but was so busy I just never found the time. Didn't get to see your run either but heard guys talking about it. Nice

Congratulation, nice run Chris. I seen you at your trailer when we went by with the car, was going to come over and talk to you but was so busy I just never found the time. Didn't get to see your run either but heard guys talking about it. Nice

Thanks guys.

Jeff we'll meet up next month I won't miss that race that was one of the best times I've had at a race. Super cool track and the prep was unbelievable. Might bring my buddies F2 procharger SBC 85 442 up next month.

Your buddys 442 sounds neat bring to out the 31st. Here is a video I found of your 8.42 run.

YouTube - Milan Friday Night Heads Up July 09 - TurboBuick 8.42@164mph

Nice video!!!

Darn I wanted to go up there Friday and watch the racing. I am planning on heading up on September 4th if that is the date for the same kind of event. Jeff will your family be bringing your turbo stang?

Chris will you be going back on that date? How late into the night does the racing go on at these events?

Nice video!!!

Darn I wanted to go up there Friday and watch the racing. I am planning on heading up on September 4th if that is the date for the same kind of event. Jeff will your family be bringing your turbo stang?

Chris will you be going back on that date? How late into the night does the racing go on at these events?

High Sam, would be good to see you guys there. We have been going to all the Friday heads up Milan events. The ones left this year are July 31, Sep 4, and Oct 2. Hope to see you guys their.

Nice pass Chris. You have worked very hard and been more persistent then anybody I know. It's about time you had your day. Glad to see it.

Wow Chris is right!!! Milan outlaw drag radial night rocks!!!!!! Thanks for making me aware of it Chris. Do you think you'll be bringing you Buick to the next and final event this year?

High Sam, would be good to see you guys there. We have been going to all the Friday heads up Milan events. The ones left this year are July 31, Sep 4, and Oct 2. Hope to see you guys their.

Jeff I am glad I made the trip up there. The action was intense!!!!
Congrats on your win tonight. 7.39 in the semi finals and then your son pulled off a .010 light in the finals, giving him the win with a hole shot. That was pretty exciting to watch.

Going to try to, will likely make the next Norwalk event. Wanted to be there last night but had to much on my plate at home to get the car ready to go up. Were you guys just spectating? That place is a blast.