New best from today

murphster

I am car # 124. I had to let out on the second pass after someone left some oil on the track and it got out of shape big time. Would have been an even better pass for sure.

Pump gas and alky.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1414354486.247435.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

24psi on the first run, 25psi on the second run. I'm thinking it would have been a 9.2 on the second pass at about 143-144 mph.

Wow
Very nice. Congrats . You have her flying
Bet that felt great

Bryan

Wow... that is hauling the mail.. congrats. That second run would have been high 9.2's low 9.3's..

Julio

Awesome runs there, that had to bring an unremoveable smile to your face to run that well and beat your personal best. You were getting it done, well done sir.

Seeing a pattern here, a couple people posted on the forum this weekend that were only pushing 24-26 psi ripping off wicked fast times. Obviously they have them dialed in.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I've been working towards this for a while so its nice to see some great results. And there's still room to turn it up!

And I've wanted some great 60fts for a long time and changed a lot of stuff to get there. Now I'm wondering if I can get a 1.2x 60ft out of it. I'll have to post up the setup sometime.

How light do u have ur car??

I've got mine down to 3475 with 1/2 tank of gas, have to weigh 3450 for TAI.

Awesome sixty's!!!!

How light do u have ur car??

I've got mine down to 3475 with 1/2 tank of gas, have to weigh 3450 for TAI.

Awesome sixty's!!!!

Its not as light as you think....... its lighter!

It weighed 3205. (For comparison sake, I'm figuring at 3550 in TAI trim et would be reduced around .35, putting me at mid 9.7s for the first pass. The second pass would have been in the 9.6s at that weight.)

Hats off to you u got that car MOVIN!!!!

Someday hope to make it to a race so we can line'm up

I'm always ready for a good race as long as I DONT RED LITE!!!

Its not as light as you think....... its lighter!

It weighed 3205. (For comparison sake, I'm figuring at 3550 in TAI trim et would be reduced around .35, putting me at mid 9.7s for the first pass. The second pass would have been in the 9.6s at that weight.)

What all have you changed on your combo?? I thought you had your combo listed at 1 time and now its been taken down.

the motor trans combo hasnt changed , just the 8.5 rear was upgraded for durability and the suspension changed around a few times .
his last track outing was mid high 90s and track just wasnt there so he had to take it easy but still manage some 9 second runs to get his NHRa license

its still 109 234 (o20) , 2 center mains , 71hpq , 3 bolt , th400, xfi , Gn1 8 bolt

Last edited:
I think every single piece of the suspension was changed/upgraded (thanks Paul!). As far as the engine combo, I did upgrade the valvespring setup last winter (thanks Bison!). And the rear is definitely beefier and with Strange discs (thanks James!). And I got a new alky pump just recently. I got some new fancy stuff waiting to be put on too lol.