New best at the track tonight

Outstanding job Rob!! Congrats!!!

Buschur texted me and said you guys were there but the track wasnt holding much of anything. Awesome you laid that down on a street race night!! lol!
I was one of the first cars down and there was no spray on the track at all. I could not believe the drag radials went 1.35 on no prep. My previous best was a 1.44 with the slicks. The last run was on less boost than the 9.02 (I had some shifting issues, from sun glare on the 9.02 pass) Street car night, and I brought my car in street trim.:)
Awesome job!

What boost did you end up at on those passes?

That 60' is very good IMHO..... Curious to what all suspension mods you have being a street car?
Boost was at 26psi for the 8.94.
I have HR everything in the rear, bar preloaded I think 1.5 turns and airbags in both springs, 10psi each (per Paul), HR adjustable uppers and +1/4" lowers with delrin bushings pinion angle at 3. DISCLAIMER: When it comes to HR parts, listen to Paul's recommendations, don't go off what my car has. Comp engineering shocks at 50/50 in the rear, 60/40 in the front, and travel limiters set to allow 1.25" drop. 17 psi in the 325/50 Hoosier drag radials. When I post the video, you will never believe it was a 1.32 60', the tires are barely off the ground, it just moves out. I think hitting high 1.2's can be done easily.

I was one of the first cars down and there was no spray on the track at all. I could not believe the drag radials went 1.35 on no prep. My previous best was a 1.44 with the slicks. The last run was on less boost than the 9.02 (I had some shifting issues, from sun glare on the 9.02 pass) Street car night, and I brought my car in street trim.:)

Boost was at 26psi for the 8.94.
I have HR everything in the rear, bar preloaded I think 1.5 turns and airbags in both springs, 10psi each (per Paul), HR adjustable uppers and +1/4" lowers with delrin bushings pinion angle at 3. DISCLAIMER: When it comes to HR parts, listen to Paul's recommendations, don't go off what my car has. Comp engineering shocks at 50/50 in the rear, 60/40 in the front, and travel limiters set to allow 1.25" drop. 17 psi in the 325/50 Hoosier drag radials. When I post the video, you will never believe it was a 1.32 60', the tires are barely off the ground, it just moves out. I think hitting high 1.2's can be done easily.

All I can say is..... you da man.....

on the bar preload.... is that 1-1/2 turns preloaded in tension or compression on the drivers side link?

I got to get me some of those Hoosiers..... they seem to be much lighter than the Micky's and apparently don't have any problems hooking.... A+ on your setup.

What amazes me is you could drop that thing back to 21 psi and conservative timing and probably run on pump gas and alky and go quicker than a 9.50 with ease.

What timing?

How much $ do I owe you?o_O $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

All I can say is..... you da man.....

on the bar preload.... is that 1-1/2 turns preloaded in tension or compression on the drivers side link?

I got to get me some of those Hoosiers..... they seem to be much lighter than the Micky's and apparently don't have any problems hooking.... A+ on your setup.

What amazes me is you could drop that thing back to 21 psi and conservative timing and probably run on pump gas and alky and go quicker than a 9.50 with ease.

What timing?
The preload as adding tension on the passenger side. I did everything Paul told me to do, and it is working. I haven't had time to make any adjustments. I only have 5 passes on this set up, 3 that were actually under full power the whole way.

I have to thank Chris Lyons for talking me into giving the radials another shot.

Norbs, are you sure you want to go with stage 2 heads? I can change my spark plugs in 5 mins including getting another beer!!!!

I thought about going but I was not sure if onyone was racing and I got home from work late.I would like to see the video.

Clean pass, amazing how well behaved it runs considering the power your car lays down. Did it feel like an 8 sec pass or were surprised when you looked at the time slip.

It felt like a 13 sec pass, no spinning, wheel hop, or drama, but after screwing up on the first pass and still going 9.02, I knew this had to be in the 8's, hit everything right. My only concern was when I looked at the boost gauge. I "took out" boost because I thought it was going to be higher with the temp drop from the day. I ended up losing 2 psi rather than staying about the same. The guy in the staging lanes was looking in the car when he radioed in the 9.00 dial in. Maybe he thought it was a joke and had to see run first, but I was expecting to get kicked out.

"The guy in the staging lanes was looking in the car when he radioed in the 9.00 dial in. Maybe he thought it was a joke and had to see run first, but I was expecting to get kicked out"

nice run car scooted out

tracks around here wont let you dial faster than your safety equipment,
I dont see any front bars or net so not caged (need neck collar, gloves and shoes too) , guessing you dont have a comp license
and at 151 you need a chute now too