New Age Sleepers

The 2010 HYundai Genesis coupe with a 3.8 L V6 has 306 HP and can be had for around 20K NEW with warrantee, if you check around for some HUNGRY dealers! Pretty neat looking little sports car! Hey, it's a HYUNDAI, how fast can it be??? ;))

0-60 5.5, 1/4 13.9 @101

Check it out

Hyundai Genesis Coupe: Affordable Performance 300+hp Sport Coupe | Hyundai

2010_hyundai_genesis_coupe_ba_image013.jpg

The 2010 HYundai Genesis coupe with a 3.8 L V6 has 306 HP and can be had for around 20K NEW with warrantee, if you check around for some HUNGRY dealers! Pretty neat looking little sports car! Hey, it's a HYUNDAI, how fast can it be??? ;))

0-60 5.5, 1/4 13.9 @101

Check it out

Hyundai Genesis Coupe: Affordable Performance 300+hp Sport Coupe | Hyundai

2010_hyundai_genesis_coupe_ba_image013.jpg

I would rather have the turbo four-cylinder. IIRC They're coming out with the "R-Spec" version this Fall for about $24k.

2010hyundaigenesiscouperspecnews.10genesiscoupespecprf.img.jpg

That new Genesis Coupe is kinda sharp! It looks like they are gunning for the Infiniti G37 Coupe.

2.0T base = $22000
2.0T Track = $26750
3.8 base = $25000
3.8 Track = $29500

Road and Track tested a Tiburan "track" vs. a G37 and the G37 handed the Hyundia its lunch.

The best R&T could do with a Tiburan "track" was 14.4@99 mph, while they ran 13.0@111 in a Camaro that was only a few $K more in the same issue.

Mid 14 second Korean Mustangs are not sleepers.

Road and Track tested a Tiburan "track" vs. a G37 and the G37 handed the Hyundia its lunch.

The best R&T could do with a Tiburan "track" was 14.4@99 mph, while they ran 13.0@111 in a Camaro that was only a few $K more in the same issue.

Mid 14 second Korean Mustangs are not sleepers.

1. It's called a Genesis.
2. Of course the G37 beat it. It's a better car that's at least $10k more expensive. The turbo model is severely detuned from Hyundai.
3. Camaros will never be sleepers. No matter how many 16 year old girls drive them.
4. Korean Mustangs are just silly. :tongue:
mustang-smart-front.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

We have had a very wide variety of cars over the years. What you might want to do to narrow the search, is state what do you and your wife perfer a coupe or sedan (4 door), automatic or stick?

Looking for something that value doe not drop like a rock? Not knocking some of the mentioned choices but with some car lines going bye bye, most Pontiac choices could be worth alot less in a few years as could others.

A wide variety of cars today offer some great off the line torque...something that the turbo Buick was famous for.

A sleeper would have to be something that was custom built that no one would suspect. Exception being that Crossfire srt version that is rare... but not big. The sedan Chrysler SRT-8 is a great value for the buck especially now with Chrsyler being bankrupt. Never had one but driven them.

Your budget allows for a good assortment of vehicles to consider so you should try and narrow it down before you begin as to number of doors and would a small car be practical versus a medium size car or possible a truck?

Never had one but if you get a chance drive a 01-02 boxster s 6-speed....super handling and great power band.

Just my thoughts....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've had a 05 GTO, 05 C6, 04 G35, 02 M3, 05 GT, 00 C5, 00 ETC, 96 540 6-speed, Z3 M model, Audi TT, S4, 95 M3, Mini Cooper S,all great cars. Let you figure out what each code stands for.....

One car mentioned in someones post above is very very rare Olds LSS Supercharged....and way under your budget. Every creature comfort in those sedans also.

I know its not a car but it pretty fast my brother bought a 2006 toyota tundra with the 4.7 V8 the things move. It doesen't have traction control so you can have a good time. A V8 with 3:90 gears yea it gets the job done. I have to say that it faster than alot of anyother half ton trucks. That or the new tundra with the 5.7:biggrin: :biggrin:

kirban 2 cents worth

While the debate goes on about the Genesis coupe it is one of the few companies that actually is gaining in the market place. I believe the target market for this coupe, which in person is quite an appealing design, is the Mustang market.

Member years ago many of us laughed at the VW bug......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a positive note its nice to have so many choices here in the USA....

Member years ago many of us laughed at the VW bug......

Since you mention it, I breifly considered tweaking my wife's powder blue '05 beetle convertible 1.8T into a bit of a sleeper. It will take much of the same aftermarket parts as the GTI, and should be capable of similar numbers.

I had never had a complete stranger yell 'Queer' out of a Ford Focus as I drove by, until the day my car broke down and I had to take this to work. From then on, I always thought about the jaw dropping potential of a 300hp tampon-on-wheels...

865.jpg

I would vote for the Trailblazer SS. I got one for my wife and the thing is a riot. You can get them in 2WD or AWD, 2WD is usually good for about 3-4 tenths faster than AWD. My 2WD G-Teched at 5.6 to 60 and 13.8 @102 through the quarter. We put a CAI and a tune on it and the ass dyno says the LS2 REALLY woke up.

Nothing like blowing away a new mustang GT with a fully loaded SUV.