Never bog with water???

Alvin

Hello,

Im experimenting with my water injection kit on a roots supercharged car.. (car makes approx 460rwhp)

I've got a M10 nozzle in the car now and the pump turned up a little... (shurflow pump)

Anyway.. alot of water is definatlly getting shot into the intake and its running good but i would figure that I should be able to bog the car down at lower RPM... etc

Does you guys bog easy with too much water?

Most people on this board either run pure alky or a mix of alky and water. Yes, you can bog our motors with too much alky. You may want to read the post about Razor's progressive controller. It ramps up the injection as manifold pressure increases.

this is a roots blown car..

there is no ramp to boost.. its very closely linked to throttle position so i decided a boost progressive controller is useless in my application. this car doesn't have a MAF either.

A RPM progressive controller might be useful because the amount of water the motor would use would increase as the motor turned faster...

I might add.

I think the water will absorb more energy than you guys because its being beaten and mixxed by the blower (theres not really a option to spray after the blower like you guys)

my car doesn't like water too much...it bogs alot more...

i just run straight 100% denatured alcohol and my car loves the stuff...every car is different is what i am saying...

This reminds me of a certain 4 page long post in this section about voodoo buicks running alcohol and how it doesn't really work..........................LMAO

Seriously though, too much of anything at too little boost or rpm will cause a bog, but there aren't that many people in this forum that run strait water.

One thing is for sure, rpms isnt the way. Its load that dictates the motors need for detonation control. In other words you cant build boost if there is no load. So spraying the motor with no load isnt a good thing. Or when its lightly loaded down.

For a roots a simple DIY kit with a hobbs and relay or a controller non-progressive like the SAC I make, will allow you to spray under boost which is when the car needs it. Other kits like the SMC also work the same way where you dial in a predetermined boost and spray amount.

If you see steam coming out the back, then your spraying too much water.

Good to see you got the nozzle and are playing :)