need turbo advice

87gn1

I have a 87 gn it has tt chip 60lb injectors 340 pump and hotwire kit 3" down pipe and test adjfpr cold air kit scanmaster. Any feedback is appreciated thanks

I was in your situation, looking for direction, and I was asked "what are your goals"Once you post that info, I think the opinions will flow in.

What I would like to build is a 11 second street car that will see some track time . Looking for a quick spooling turbo don't mind spending some money and I like the wrench time involved. I am still new to the turbo buick. Looking for some advice or what has been already done. Thanks in advance.

The stock turbo is pretty fast spooling in my opinion.
The single best upgrade I would suggest is alcohol injection. This would allow you to safely raise your boost level.
An adjustable waste gate controller is needed to adjust boost level and an aftermarket boost gauge to confirm your settings would be a good start.
I hope this is of help.
Jim

My 5957bb car is close to the 11s very street friendly will need ALKY to get to the 11s .Defiantly more power than stock and you don't need to change convertor I have read stock turbos will go 11 but I'm no supper tuner I toke the easy way

want to say thanks for all the input keep it coming . i havent read to much on the alky kits yet looks like something i need to look into soon

Correction 5857 big thumb on I phone these billet ball-bearing turbos are $ I have no regrets.you will find lots of good turbos to pick from Pat at Precision Turbo was good help when I got it narrowed down

Whatever turbo you decide on, get a Ball Bearing version. They spool faster than a standard journal, sooo you can run a larger wheel and keep your convertor tight. Nice street-ability and still mongo honkin boost and nice high trap speed with like 2800-ish convertor and maybe 61mm compressor housing with a .63 turbine side. You'll need to free up your exhaust to a 3" to maximize that sized turbo's potential, but your going to do that sooner or later. Good Luck.