Need tranny help in milwaukee/chicago area

jsmith

Hey guys, My tranny is shot, needs a rebuild. I don't want to take it to a local shop, have heard to many horror stories about rebuilds. I am near oshkosh wisconsin, no buick shops up this way. Does anyone know of or can anyone recommend a buick tranny guy in the milwaukee or chicago area. I though I have heard there is someone in chicago that is real good. I'm hoping to find someone with a good reputation among the members here. Thanks for the help

Jeff

Yep, Jimmy is the man. He built a trans for my T-type 3 years ago and still shifts the way it did when it left his shop. And its been running in the low 11's.

And he's fast. I dropped my car off on a wednesday and got a phone call 2 days later, actually about 1 1/2 days later and he said it was done.

without a doubt jimmys jimmys jimmys he by far is a great guy and builds 1 hell of a trans and another perk he stands behind his work:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: !!!!!!!!!

Jimmy's it is. Thanks guys, I will call him today. I really appreciate the feedback. I hate letting this thing out of my sight or anyone else working on it, but transmissions are PFM (pure F'ing magic) to me and it's time to hand it over to a professional, so thanks for the recommendations.

Jeff

heard from a buddie that Jimmies is closing soon,so might want to get on that trans repair befor Dec..

I'm taking it to him next week. Thanks everyone for the recommendations. He seems like a great guy from our conversations on the phone, sounds like he works pretty hard to taylor your tranny for your needs. It sounded like he is having landlord trouble and mentioned after october he was probably doing it on a part time basis. Said he would still be available for the buick guys.

Hope thats true, with my luck I will have problems next spring and not be able to find him.

Thanks again

Jeff

Ya he didn't sound too enthused when I saw him a couple weeks ago about everything. I'd imagine he could find a cheaper place up north or team up with a performance shop and be their main man till he hangs up the gloves.