Need some Help please

blackbox

So guys here is whats going on. Car had been dying randomly for about a year found out it was the walbro fuel pump so i swapped it out for a new reds xp pump about a month ago. I also changed the plugs, plug wires, fuel filter and changed the oil. The dying stopped and the car ran good for about a day and then it started smoking. The smoke is real light and very hard to see so its hard to tell the color. It also idles rough and has has died during idle but just started back up with no problem. When i drive i also feel a hesitation in the car. I did a compression test yesterday and it came back as 1,3,5 had 144 psi and 2,4,6 had 141 psi. Also took a pic of my plugs, so what do you guys think is going on. If you need anymore info please let me know and thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpg
    IMG_4597.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4604.jpg
    IMG_4604.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4605.jpg
    IMG_4605.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_4606.jpg
    IMG_4606.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 320
Have you got any scan tool data and what's your fuel pressure?

I do have a scanmaster on the car. Ill put the plugs back in it today and post some numbers at idle. The fuel pressure was at 42-43 line off before i did the compression test yesterday.

Pig rich.

Stock Maf= tap on it with screw driver while running, if it bogs, fix it.

Idle TPS settings .40 to .44, IAC settings are what it feels best at

Here are the scanmaster readings at idle.

O2s = 200 to mid 300
AF = 05-06
L8 = 34-37
temp = 162
bat = 14.1-14.5
Int = 160
bL = 142
Ats = 91-93
r = 850-875
tps = 40
Iac = 41
cc = 62
mal = 00

Your plugs are saying one thing and you o2 another.

Thinking you have a bad o2 sensor or a bad ground on the back of the head.

HTH

Your plugs are saying one thing and you o2 another.

Thinking you have a bad o2 sensor or a bad ground on the back of the head.

HTH

I had thought the same, seen the O2 numbers but figured since he took the numbers at idle, they coulda been at that spot at that moment so I didnt read too much into it.

I thought that the o2s were low. Ill swap out the o2 sensor and take a look at the vac lines. Where is the ground located exactly?

bunch of grounds behind the pass side head, grounds pass side front,

your O2 prolly took a dump because of all the fuel... dunno IM not good at internet troubleshooting

why dont you just trying using ac delco plugs! ngks are for imports[/QUOTE

haha i've heard that before. You sound like the guys from the local auto parts store. I don't know why my car just seemed to like them. Have been using them for about 4 years now without a problem. This just started about a month ago. I might have to try that if nothing else works.

Yea I would start with a new factory ac delco o2 sensor and find your vac leak. Start looking for the vac leak by unplugging all your vac lines from the vac block on top of the throttle body and cap each vac port off. Look at your blm and they should go down to around 128. Plug one line back up at a time and watch your blm. When you hook a line up and your blms go up you've found your leak is somewhere in that line. Normal blm should read + or - 10 off 128. I bought the caps to block the vac ports at Advance Auto.

Well, I changed my o2 sensor to a new denso and the o2s are back up to where they should be at idle and cruising. My blms are also back to normal and i changed the sparkplugs and have already checked them once after install. The are clean not showing any carbon build up. All that stuff is good now and i thought it would clear up the problem but the car still idles like crap. I checked for vacuum leaks again and im finding nothing. I was thinking about swapping out the factory Maf to see if that is the problem.