need some help - advice

87gn1

hello and thanks for reading my post any advice is appreciated. i have a 87 gn it has a afpr - 3" down pipe stretch inner cooler - warlboro 340 pump hot wire kit - cai - 60lb inj and tt chip 3 row aluminum radiator - 160 stat scanmaster 2.1 - rjc plate . right now im running 14 lb of boost stock motor . looking to add alky kit and new turbo and new converter if needed . what are any of your suggestion for a good street car . my goals i want it to haul ass . thanks again

I'd leave the stock turbo for now.

Alky IS THE biggest bang for the buck, and even though the stock turbo is really huffing hot air by 20 PSI, you can push it to 22+ with alcohol.

Every car is different, but you should be able to get 16-18 PSI with your current combo, and as it sits should be a low 13-13 flat car. Add alcohol, alky chip, and turn the boost up to 22-24 PSI, and you'll have a high 11-12 flat car. I say this because other than a TA49, I pretty much had your setup until I went alky. I ran a best of 13.30 pre-alky, and an 11.94 post alky.

Yup.
What Catman said. You might want to budget for some better tires too. Just remember to take your time with the tune. That's half the fun of it. Sounds like your doing your homework. Let us know how it goes.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard