need snow help

7bbr

I installed a new snow kit on my gn. The mafu controller does not turn on. Used the grey/red wire on the maf has voltage . Sent the unit back to snow they told me they put it on the bench and it works fine. Anybody else ever had this problem? At my wits end

The Buick MAF pegs out at 255 grams. Meaning once you hit 14-15 psi boost it won't read higher and allow more to flow from your system. Like having an 65 MPH speedo on your car. The MAF also runs at a different frequency from the newer MAF's which may contribute to your issue.
Bottom line.. it would be the incorrect sensor to use with any kit on the TR. Or better yet, research anyone whose had success running a kit MAF based on a Buick.
I think you should re-evaluate your decisions on what you purchased and how you thought you where going to use it.. The TR is probably the oldest car using these type of kits..the data goes back into the 90's of what people do and how its been done. Up to you really to make your decisions looking at the data. The search button is an awesome thing to use on this site.. On meth kits for Buicks.. the wheel is round.. your trying to re-invent whats already figured out trying to save a few bucks and its come around.
Your chip maker also needs to know what kit it is and what fluid being used. Thats a whole other realm.
Good luck..

thanks for the reply snow worked it out. No problem with unit MAF was bad new maf system working great,

Glad you got it worked out, but a MAF based alky kit on a TR is frightening.

Ya, you ain't kidding! I wouldn't want my alky kit tied to anything to do with the MAF.