Need Launch Help!!

92GNZ28

My '87 GN has a PT52 turbo at 17-18 PSI, PTE front mount, 2800-3000 stall conv., stock suspension and vaccum brakes, etc.

Went to the track last night and could not launch at all!! Footbrake and throttle to the floor only building 4 lbs of boost. Getting like 2.4 60'(I know sucks bad!!!!!) Will a boost controller solve my spool up woes? When i let the brake go at full throttle the car goes a little and then finally builds boost and takes off. My MPH is OK but ET is ****! Seems like the stock wastegate Sol. is killing my spool up, bleeding the pressure off. This soumd right to anyone? Already ordered a MBC. Help!!

Boost controller

I do'nt know if a boost controller will solve all your problems but it should help alot. Your converter may be a bit tight for that turbo. Good luck.

sounds like my problem

That 60 ft. is brutal if the car was tuned pretty well. I had the same problem with my hybrid. The convertor was just way too tight, with a TA 49 and 36 lb injectors. The car would not get into the 12's cuz my 60 ft was 2.2. I have an art carr now but its not installed yet. I did a lot of brain picking before spending the money and everybody I talked to said u cant go wrong with a 9" lock up. The car should 60ft at least 1.75 now on a drag radial or slick.

I have a PT54 and a 3500 stall converter. When I used that turbo with a 2800 d5, my car 60 footed in the 1.9 range with slicks and foot brake. After I went to the 3500 9" I go 1.6's all day and even did a 1.5 Friday. This is leaving with only 5-6# of boost.

I say try a looser converter.

I have a TA49 on my car and a PT52 on another car that I tune the PT52 spool's just as fast as the TA49.I would hold off on buying a converter and find out what is wrong with your tuneup,or combo.

I also think you need to troubleshoot your combo. I have a TA49, blues and a V4 and my car 60s in the 1.7s with the stock D5 converter and about 5psi boost at launch. Find out why your car will not build boost with the foot brake and you may have solved your problem.