Need instructions for TA performance rear end cover

PaulRV6

Can some one provide me with the instructions for installing the rear end cover? I need to know how and what to preload the two bolts to? Do the instructions mention anything about sealing those bolts from oil leaking? One of them seems to be leaking. Thanks

paul

i THINK preload was really low.... 5ft/lbs comes to mind... i will see what i can dig up.... you can always call them too;)

Thanks guys that is just what I needed. 5 ft-lbs and sealant on the two load bolt threads.

paul

I don't fill mine to the top of the TA cover fill hole either, it's higher than the stock cover level I believe, and also helps create leaks.

I don't think it's 5 ft-lbs pretty sure it's measured in inch pounds.

No sealer here and no leaks.

DEFININITELY do NOT fill to the fill hole in the cover, fill to the stock fill hole.

I don't think it's 5 ft-lbs pretty sure it's measured in inch pounds.

No sealer here and no leaks.

DEFININITELY do NOT fill to the fill hole in the cover, fill to the stock fill hole.

NOPE it DEFINITELY IS 5ft/lbs

The idea is to tighten it until it JUST makes contact. The purpose of the bolts is to support the caps when they are under load, not to preload them.

I just had to re-do mine for an axle swap, & the guys at TA said, 25ft/lbs for the cover bolts & 5ft/lbs for the the preload bolts.