Need idle/sensor Help!

BlackBettie6

boost addict
i have a 87 gn , TH350,maf trans,hot wire kit , ect. (bought with alot of aftermarket parts already on :mad: shes like fraankenstien on crack) trans new to TBs , but have helped friends for a few years. ive heard these engines are quite fragile so i realy need help. when i start my car in the morn.(cold here) the idle shoots up to 2 somtimes 3 grand, finaly settling at about 1000rpm(even in gear). once the engine is at operating temp, the idle tries to drop lower but just surges between 975-1500rpm. also when i drive it the rpms kinda spike (mabey 100-200 at a time repeatedly). when i hit the brake hard from low speeds 50-20 ,30-10, it feels like its going to stall. i was able to get at a Genisis scan computer,i am usein the otc mode and monitoring sensors (to set IAC.TPS), and here`s where i need experiance....

AT IDLE-------(used ALOT of throttle body cleaner, no vac leaks)
Prom ID 4293
O2 cross ---1-8
O2 volts were 14-81 never calming
tps .37 (after attept to set)
IAC .81
Knock NO SIGNAL! (everythings hooked up behind coil)!!
Intergrator 125-130....
BLM 107....
SPARK ADVANCE 34-36 degrees!!! (wow)
LV8 33....
MAF 006
Diag. state 8 ALCL?

Can Somebody please point me in the right Direction befor i put a cheby 350 in it!!!!! i dont wanna hurt her! thanks

do u know what kind of chip is in the car? IAC is way too high target area is 15-30counts generally.

i have 2 huge binders full of all 1987 buick engine specs and car specs, im goin to get a new iac now because those counts are at idle. i dont quite know how to tell what kind of chip it is, it says "STREET 42 #93" on it. i also have a small exaust leak before 02 and turbo, ill tack that also. what do you guys think of tourque straps? cuz my engine moves ALOT when shifting into gear(mounts good n tight). thanks for repling!! ill let you guys know how i do!

if ur gonna do anything get poly motor mounts, i think people r shying away from torque straps now!

ok so i replaced the IAC, got the counts back down, set the tps, now it doesnt want to stall!! still getting a little skip. getting scanmaster now, well overdo... my timing advance at idle is now 30-45 ! is this normal? still no knock signal.... KNK sensor will only Retard timing Right? How do i get info on my Chip?

BLM's way to low. You are dumping way too much fuel in there and probably killing your plugs.

Do the spring cleaning as per the GN website and check/change your plugs. DO all the basics and keep us informed.

once u get the scanmaster hooked up post all the readings at idle again. i think the knock signal is not there because of the type of scan tool u r using. i remember using a tech 1 before on my car and when hooked up it did not give all of the engine parameters like the scanmaster will, and one of the ones it skipped was knock signal. not 100% sure but it rings a bell!

i changed the plugs 2 months ago to stock ACdelco , one heat range cooler and constantly read plugs, i was lean 3 weeks ago so i fixed vac leak(egr gasket) ever since they have been a little fuel fouled, but im defenetly not going to lean it out untill i can monitor A/F correctly......Right?

The scan master 2.1 just came in now from turbotweak! im hooking it up right now, i will report the readings after i do the "spring cleaning". since the ^above^ i have reset tps and iac even though i was still in limits, fuel filter, seafoam,chased grounds,new bat, and sprayed for vac leak. still no major change in behavior. its getting cold hear so in the AM the idle is Wicked high, and i know the engine is pissed.

what is the vac line going into cab?
recomended plug wires?
i also repaced O2 to later throw a code 45.... only for 20 sec.

i will be wrenchin. thanks guys

Well, for starters (and finishers) your scan tool was in the ALDL mode, which, as you've observed, increases RPM and timing, and thus invalidates any tuning you've done. You'd be wise to completely ignore any readings and adjustments you've made heretofore, and start over with SM.

alright, i got some numbers for you guys.

AT IDLE. car warm. nothin on. not even radio....

O2-106mv
AF-05
L8-37-38-39 (up and down with idle?)
Int-123-133
BL---------105-106
CLT(?)-190
ATS-98-99
RPM- 750-850
TPS---.42 (steady)
IAC ---19-21
CC-----11-254

i was up till 3am "spring cleaning" and hooking up SM 2.1. today i took it for a long ride (everyday driver) and noticed slightly smoother idle. no matter the weather,(MA) or time of day when i start the car "cold" the rpm jumps up to about 1700-2300 and stays for about 1-3 min. im just about suicidal with this car. Love/Hate.

oh yeah, im getting KR of .5 at 14ish PSI.
i immediatly let off and car wants to stall from low rpm...i think