Need help with my new cam.

buickgs231

Well i have a 2000 buick regal GS with a 3800 L67 motor thats out of the car and has been rebuilt with forged pistons and is now turbocharged .I bought a turbo cam from zzp performance made by comp cam.Its a Roller 206/206 .537/.537 I/C=113 L/S=113 i noticed the intake centerline and L/S are the same . I plan on redlining at 6000 rpms .Should i adv. the cam 2degs. to go to 111 centerline will the lsa also move to 111? or should i just put the cam in dot to dot and forget about it? any input thanks. cams marked 113+0

CAM CARD

Picture308.jpg

-mike

Well i have a 2000 buick regal GS with a 3800 L67 motor thats out of the car and has been rebuilt with forged pistons and is now turbocharged .I bought a turbo cam from zzp performance made by comp cam.Its a Roller 206/206 .537/.537 I/C=113 L/S=113 i noticed the intake centerline and L/S are the same . I plan on redlining at 6000 rpms .Should i adv. the cam 2degs. to go to 111 centerline will the lsa also move to 111? or should i just put the cam in dot to dot and forget about it? any input thanks. cams marked 113+0

CAM CARD

Picture308.jpg

Installed centerline does not change lobe seperation. If your going to buzz it up to 6000rpm, I would install it straight up. :)

+1 I agree. Put it in straight up. This cam should be large enough to get you to 6,000 with no problem...

advance it 2*'s and it will lower your RPM range by maybe 50 RPM's

retard it 2* and move the range up by maybe 50 RPM's

some people think it is necessary to "make it right"...I challange anybody to be able to tell the difference in the operation of an engine that "is NOT right" by even 4* + or - for the mild cams we use in our engines.

Thanks guys for the help, I went ahead and put the cam in straight-up.
BTW how do these specs look on this cam and how much overlap is there?
Did i make a good choice on these specs . I will be running about 20 PSI of boost though the motor.

The way I am reading that you should have 0 overlap.:confused: You should have 20 degrees of rotation where both valves are closed if I'm reading that correctly. I would say the cam size is just about right. Any larger and you would give up some bottom end power.