Need Help with Installing CD player

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Sorry, not turbo buick stuff this time, but you guys always know your stuff and its GM anywas.

I have a Red, Orange, Black, Yellow, Purple and White in the wiring Harness from the 94Blazer. I need to know how to hook that into that Kenwood Wiring harnes. Now I am running output only through RCA's to Amps.

So, on the Keenwood, I have Red(Ignition Wire), Yellow(Battery Wire), Black(Ground), a Blue(Motor Antenna Control), Blue and White(Power Control Wire).

I want to be able to turn it on while I have everythign else off.

I am thinking that the Blue/White will go out to the amp so they will know when to turn on. The Black to Black, and the Red and Yellow on the Kenwood harness will both go to the Orange Factory wire or to the Red factory wire?

What are the purple white and yellow factory wires for?

Thanks.

why not spend $10 and by a wiring connector kit for the car? it will hook right up to the deck color for color, and will plug right into the harness in the dash.
and if you MUST be able to turn the radio on with the ignition off, just hook both the memory and yellow wires on the radio to the yellow wire on theplug and give them both full power all the time.

just don't get mad at anyone else when you forget to turn the radio off one night and the engine won't start the next day.

This is a hard one to explain. The Full Size trucks had those stinking Dash cluster moutnted Radios with the tape playe mounted over in the stupid center of the dash. So, the factory unit does not have a plug in. It is hard wired to the the two untis.

That sucks. So, I had to buy a dash pocket to replace the reciever part, and then I had to buy a new center section for the dash that accepts a DIN size radio inplace of the factory Tape Player and EQ.

So Basically I had to cut the wires because I was unable to find a harness that runs all the way down the dash and underneat it to a weather pack connector.

All the GM harnesses I found were for the regular Double DIN sixe factory radios.

I didn't know the Blazer had the radio configuration you are speaking of, commonly found in mid-90's GM full-size trucks. But if it's the one with part of the radio to the top right of the gauges, and another part of the radio in the center of the dash, then it still has a standard GM harness, the most common one at that.
There's a source unit under the dash, near the gas pedal. It's held in by 3 bolts or nuts I believe. That is where you will find the main harness, the aftermarket Metra "1858" harness plugs right into it. But since you are running a 4-ch amp, you might as well not even buy a harness, and just tap into the three wires you need.
If you did not find the harness, where did you find the wires you are describing?

Well, ITs a full Size-2door Blazer (not an S-10 style).

Yes I found the source unit, but that didnt do me much good. Still needed to splise into the wires.

I just said the F-with it and ran a power wire directly from the battery to the Head unit.

There is a nice hole in the Firewall on these trucks righ below the dashboard on the passenger side. I I just folded back the carpet a little bit, and there was a gromet to pull out. and there was a hole big enough for a 0 gage wire I believe.. maybe only a 4ga.

Anyways made things a lot easier.