need help w map hook up

cetme1

Well its 10 pm and I'm in the garage trying to hook up an alky kit I got from Razor.
Heres my questions:
I have an aftermarket gnx type gauge set, it has VDO gauges. I looked at the MAP that is installed on the passenger fender. It looks like the new 3 bar MAP I bought with the kit. The plug even looks the same. So am I correct in thinking that I can just switch out the old with the new?
Second , I followed the vacuum hose from the MAP and found it disconnected and laying behind the valve cover! I believe the original owner must have disconnected it from the 4th metal vacuum tube on the throttle body. There was a line there going to the passenger compartment. I disconnected it and the VDO boost gauge quit working so mystery solved.
So if I hook up the new MAP to the metal vacuum line , where would be a good place to splice in for my VDO boost gauge. I dont want to interfere with the alky in any way.

Thanks for any help.

I have the same gauge package and alky kit. The original map was disconnected and that vacuum line was used to feed the vdo boost gauge. I tapped into that same line, but you're not supposed to do it this way. I also had to resupply the 5v reference signal to the map sensor. I ran a wire from the tps sensor over. Make sure you test your new map sensor to make sure it has the proper 5v reference or the kit won't work. Not sure why the 5v reference was missing I believe there were instructions for this mod in the installation packet.

Yes, your 2bar stock map using the same connections as the new 3bar map. Unbolt the old one, bolt in the new one. It is supposed to be plugged into the metal line coming off of the throttle body. You can splice the line back into the vacuum line that is connecting your VDO boost gauge and then tap the green wire for your 5v signal for the ALKY controller. Either way you need the 3bar map to be seeing boost and to have the 5v reference signal since that is what is going to control the spray of your alky along the progressive curve.

Look at the sticky above 3 bar map with digital dash and read through that

the map sensor needs to show 1.6v at the center pin with key on engine off ...or.... "youll have a bad day"
do not boost until that is good and is also checked to be good at the green wire at the pac controller

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/3-bar-map-with-digital-dash.211821/

Just in case.

There are three critical vacuum lines under the hood.
1) The hose going from the metal tube to the fuel pressure regulator. A simple rubber hose and zip ties is fine.
2) The hoses on your turbo's wastegate. These need to be fresh and zip tied or else.
3) The hose going from the metal tube to the MAP sensor when using an injection kit that relies on the MAP sensor. This should be a single hose with no splices and zip tie and both MAP and metal tube. "IF" you have a boost guage, get the signal for your boost guage from the metal tube going to the charcoal cannister behind the alternator. If that line "pops" off.. no biggie. Line to MAP pops off at high boost.. alcohol system stops working.

HTH