Need Help on Rim Back spacing

onefastgn

Going to get some new rims and i didn't want to get the wrong back spacing. I was thinking 15 x 8's for the rear with a 4.5 back spacing, and for the front a 15 x 7 with a 4.0 back spacing. I think that's all they offer for the summit fast five rims they sell. I have the ET streets 275/15/60 on my old rims now and they work fine without any spacers. The rims i have now are the old cregar chrome ones
DSCN1057.JPG
DSCN1221.JPG
View attachment 158407View attachment 158407 View attachment 158405

I'm thinking you may be a little tight with the 4.5" backspace with a 275/60 on a 8" rim, you may have to run a spacer.

I had a 15x8, 4" backspace with M/T 275/60's and the sidewalls were really tight on the frame rails.

I'm thinking you may be a little tight with the 4.5" backspace with a 275/60 on a 8" rim, you may have to run a spacer.

I had a 15x8, 4" backspace with M/T 275/60's and the sidewalls were really tight on the frame rails.
Thanks for the info.

Hey Tony, I've also been looking at getting new wheels and was thinking the same thing. 15x8 in rear and 15x7 up front. If memory serves correctly aren't the GN wheels just under 4" and the T wheels around 3.75" for back spacing? I know there's an article on gnttype.org somewhere from long ago. Maybe someone can confirm. Just remember, backspacing is backspacing no matter the width of the wheel.

Hey Tony, I've also been looking at getting new wheels and was thinking the same thing. 15x8 in rear and 15x7 up front. If memory serves correctly aren't the GN wheels just under 4" and the T wheels around 3.75" for back spacing? I know there's an article on gnttype.org somewhere from long ago. Maybe someone can confirm. Just remember, backspacing is backspacing no matter the width of the wheel.
I think your correct. I haven't had a lot of time to research it tho...I've been slaving away on some hard ass customers car!...lol. I just think I'm going to get the summit racing Fast Five rims, they on sale with caps and lugs, there under $500.00 shipped to my door. Even tho there not the welds they have to be a ton lighter then my chrome 20 year old rims that are on it now. Your parts are going good today and i should have everything painted 100% by Thursday.

Awesome on the paint progress. Any idea how heavy the Summit wheels are? If you like that style of wheel and want something a little lighter and less expensive, hit up my buddy Kevin (gnwanted). Maybe he'll chime in here with what he bought. He put a set on about 2 yrs ago that were either Summit or Jegs that I know were light and fit correctly. I agree with jevans that the 4.5" BS will probably put the tire into the frame rail.

Awesome on the paint progress. Any idea how heavy the Summit wheels are? If you like that style of wheel and want something a little lighter and less expensive, hit up my buddy Kevin (gnwanted). Maybe he'll chime in here with what he bought. He put a set on about 2 yrs ago that were either Summit or Jegs that I know were light and fit correctly. I agree with jevans that the 4.5" BS will probably put the tire into the frame rail.
I think there just about as light as the weld prostars. And i talked to someone that has the 4.5 back spacing with the same tires as i do and they don't rub, but they are close he said. Worse case i will use a 1/4 inch spacer if it rubs at all. I got all four rims and lugs and caps with shipping for $468.40 to my door.
Just found out there about 10 lbs heavier then the weld prostars :( , but thats like 15 lbs lighter then what i have now.:eek::)

i have 4.5 BS and there is no rub all around. 18x8 4.5 with 265-40-18, 245-40-18.
Good to know. I also found out that there only 4 lbs heavier then the weld prostars rims, so that's even better news. I will post some pictures of the installed after i get them later this month.

i had those on my turbo v8 regal 15's in the back and 17's up front. i had to put 1/4 in spacers on the rear mostly due to the body not being on the frame on center

Attachments

• regal1.JPG
    regal1.JPG
    961.3 KB · Views: 141