Need help finding a 65 Riviera

tjthorson

So... my parents are getting up in years - my dad is 66 now, and before he gets TOO old - I want to give him a little joy... Now that I have given up on the self-employment thing and am back to work, I had been planning this year to get me another turbo car. But, instead, I have decided to get him one of his all-time favorite cars...

My dad bought new in 1965 a Buick Riviera. It was one his favorite cars of all time. He also had a 67 wildcat, 69 and 73 LeSabres, etc. I really am not in a financial position to just go lay down $8-10K on a fully restored ride. But, I figure, I want to try and find him one - because by the time I could easily afford to get one, it might be too late for him to enjoy it.

So... my first question is - does anyone have a 63-65 Riviera in the garage they want to sell? I do not care about matching numbers, or even if there is an engine in the thing. As a matter of fact, I dont even care if it has an engine. What i dont want is rust. Needing paint is ok - just no holes in doors, floors, etc.... If you have a complete one and want to sell, let me know. I estimate I am looking to spend about 3-4K on a running/driving that needs cleanup and small items replaced. Or a real clean body interior that needs and engine in the $2500 range.

I am also open to any 60-70 Buick that is a convertible. I figure he would like that just as much.

Anyone have anything? - I am in the Chicago area....

Heh - dug up an old pic. My dad was such a dork... :D

dadriv.jpg

Love those '65 rivs! My parents have owned 2 of them. Always wanted to drop an LC2 into one. Good luck w/ the search, they are getting to be more in demand than a few years back.

I have a buddy who has a 64 in the same color as the picture with 401 nailhead great runner it has rust in the floor but it might be worth checking out. Runs great carb needs a little tending to but probably get the car for about $1000. Let me know I could put you guys in touch with each other and let you guys deal 1 on 1. Let me know. He lives in Lockport.

Yes - please give him my email, or PM me his details. If the frame is solid - I guess I can replace some floors. I would just rather replace or rebuild an engine then do bodywork. But, I guess floors are under carpet - so it doesnt have to be too pretty! :D Thanks! Let me know. I can come up with 1K immediately and can even drive out with a trailer....

I'll call him when he gets off work and put him in touch with you.