need C5 front brackets fast

5ltretr

Anyone know where I can get brackets, please not ibild, I already purchased a pair from them and dont like the product.

What spindles are you wanting to install the C5 brakes on. I have several different set-ups availible.

well i have stock G-body spindles with the mod done to them, just need brackets, do you have any how much? and do you have pics?
thanks

I just got the brackets from lt4xtreme for the Blazer spindle. They were exactly like the pics showed and he got them here fast. :D

I bought them with the calipers and rotors which by itself is a good upgrade from stock. I don't care for the mod that invovles turning down a rotor. I know many use it with success, its just not for me.

Once I found out about the C5 upgrade I decided to go ahead with it since I haven't yet put the blazer spindles on yet. I like the way that the bracket bolts on versus the other setup.

There is some question to how long the blazer bearings will last but I'll just buy the new AFX spindles from SC&C when my bearings kick the bucket. Besides you can throw the spindles away and buy another set of used ones cheap.

Check out http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171079. There is some good pics and lots of good info about the blazer setup. At the end of the thread is some pics of the C5 stuff bolted to the blazer spindle. Also check out http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186861

HTH
Rick

thanks good info, I'm looking into this now, I agree I would rather have the hub assembly also...

What's the website for SC&C? And how much are their spindles? Also, have any of you guys here heard about bolting on C6 Z06 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers to the C5 brackets, I've seen it on a syclone/typhoon forum......

hboost said:
What's the website for SC&C? And how much are their spindles? Also, have any of you guys here heard about bolting on C6 Z06 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers to the C5 brackets, I've seen it on a syclone/typhoon forum......

www.scandc.com is the web site. Be warned theres nice stuff there! :biggrin:

They have the G5 stuff on the site but you will have to call to find out about the AFX spindles. If you are interested in this stuff do yourself a favor and call them! Ask for Mark. I'm considering the AFX spindles as they offer most of the G5 advantages for less money.

I know there is a number of plus one kits that use a 14 rotor that will bolt to the C5 setup we are using if you have the wheel clearence. I am curious as to how the Z06 stuff would work?? I would imagine that the cost is A LOT more. They won't fit my 17" wheels, thank god!

Keep us informed on what you find out.

HTH,
Rick

You can use the C5 13" rotor and caliper/caliper bracket 17" rims required or the C6 Z51 13.5" rotor and caliper/caliper bracket 18" rims required or you can go for the C6 Z06 14" rotor and 6 piston calipers 18" rims required. The C6 Z06 caliper is mounted directly without a caliper bracket/abutment.

lt4xtreme said:
You can use the C5 13" rotor and caliper/caliper bracket 17" rims required or the C6 Z51 13.5" rotor and caliper/caliper bracket 18" rims required or you can go for the C6 Z06 14" rotor and 6 piston calipers 18" rims required. The C6 Z06 caliper is mounted directly without a caliper bracket/abutment.

Check the cost and availability of the C6 ZO6 pads. They are about $450 a set.