Need brake parts. Need help

touchngo

Im a new owner of an 87' GN and need to know where I can get some parts for my car. The mechanic has determined that I need a BRAKE PUMP MOTOR and a BRAKE HOSE that goes from the brake pump motor to the pressure switch. It appears that I have the original power master setup. Thanks for any info.

Junk the powermaster and go with a vacuum set-up. You can get a complete vacuum set-up in the for sale section for around a $100.00. A good used junkmaster will cost $250-$400 depending how clean it is. You can read tons of horror stories where folks have wreecked their cars due to junkmaster failure. i did the swap a few months ago and glad that I did. Just my 2 cents though.

Read this Vacuum brake conversion - who has done it? - Page 3 - TurboBuicks.com

Go with a hydroboost set-up. You can buy everything for less than $300 if you shop. These systems stop and STOP HARD.

Thanks for the info. If anybody reading this knows where I can find vaccuum set up or hydroboost set-up let me know. In the mean time I'll be searching the for sale section.

You can get either system a variety of places. G-Body parts has them. You can piece together hydroboost systems easily as well.

Thanks for the info. If anybody reading this knows where I can find vaccuum set up or hydroboost set-up let me know. In the mean time I'll be searching the for sale section.

If you have a local "pick and pull" find a mid 80s G-body and grab the master cylinder, vacuum booster (4 - 15 mm (wrench size) nuts hold in) and the brake pedal (bolt with 18mm nut with 16 mm bolt (wrench size)) and with all the bolts and nuts and clips that you remove to take the parts out. The only other thing you will need is the block on the top of the throttle body with the vacuum port and a section of vacuum hose. Entire change over should be less than $85. The four bolts holding in the booster is much easier to remove with a couple of extensions. The petal is somewhat of a PITA to swap out, but is necessary.

I have vacuum assisted brake systems in both my turbo Regals and with a good check valve they work really well.

Where are you located? Dont let the person that removes the hydroboost keep it. Hang on to it. I bought the vacuum set up for mine.I do have a booster and master off an 87 cutlass but I dont have the pedal assembly. $60 plus the ride The pedal is differant from hydro to vacuum. I would go to you pull it like Rick said and get the setup for cheap

Thanks for all the help guys. Swap is complete. I went with the vacuum set-up. Changing out the brake was the biggest pain. Trying to get the top bolt out and back in was a bear.

Now that you don't have to worry about stopping, you can concentrate on going .... faster. :)