Need an exhaust person in Chicagoland!!!

SPTLSS1

I bought my Limited last November and the prior owner had installed a 2-3/4" catback w/ Magnaflow mufflers. He purchased the system thru Full Throttle.

My issue is the tailpipes and the passenger side muffler hang too low.

The prior owner said the system from Full Throttle doesn't have a hangar on the tailpipes causing them to hang low.

Does anyone know of an exhaust guy (or anyone on this board) who can get my system tucked up tightly under the car???

Thanks,
Phil

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 144
Ultimate exhaust in Crystal Lake. Did my whole exhaust from the down pipe back. Only charged $700. His welds are awesome. His name is John. 815-459-3432.

Oh I almost forgot to mention. He is the only one that will touch your car, and he almost always only has your car for one day. Even when he did my full system. HTH

Phil, i replied to your pm. With a little know how u could redo your exhaust yourself. I installed mine in about 2 hours on my own. It looks almost like there isnt any support for the rear pipes over the axle. There should be factory hangers above the axle for u to use. Should be a reletively easy fix.

The system does have hangers after the mufflers which have a 90 degree bend and then slide into the factory location...but they do not look to be fully inserted. Hard to tell for sure when crawling on your back.:mad:

Ok since i cant figure the picture thing out, sorry about that, i would sugguest climbing back under the car:frown: with the car in the air, disconnect the hanger from the car and let the exhaust hang. Next drop the car back to the ground and reinstall the hanger. If it still looks to low to the ground check hanger for adjustment holes. Mine are L shaped steel pieces about 1-1 1/2 inches wide and 6 inches long. short piece goes in hanger. If i could only figure the image thing out it would make it alot easier to show what i mean. It might be that whoever installed the exhaust put it in with the suspension fully extended. U need to do it with the suspensioin at normal ride height. HTH

This bracket I assume???

Here's a pic I took of my car while on the ground. This is on the passenger side where it hangs lower than the drivers side.

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 119
thats the same one i have. what i did to make it fit right was i used a grinding wheel to mill the 2 edges about an 1/16th or so on each side and then use some lube and a hammer to force it in. its tight but it wont come out either.

also see if u can loosen the clamps on the mufflers. see if u can twist the muffler so that the exit swings up but not so far it will interfere with the driveshaft. that might give u the clearance u need. i had to do that and my mufflers tilt slightly but is hardly noticeable.

Silent: Thanks for all your help!!!

I agree that I will have to remove material on the bracket since it is barely thru the opening. Doing that in conjunction w/ moving the pipes w/ the clamps loosened I should be able to get it right.

I may also fab up some straps, weld to the tailpipe and mount to the frame. Similar to the Hooker system.

Fixed....

:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 85