Need advice for which parts to buy.

jefffoxsr

I haven't been on the boards in a few years, so I don't know what the latest trans upgrades are.

My trans only has neutral right now. So, it may be the forward clutch drum.

I'm going to have a local shop rebuild my 200r4. They don't specialize in these trans. They specialize in trans for classic cars and they have a great reputation.

I want to make sure they put in the necessary STRONG parts that need to go in the trans.
I already read the sticky.

I don't go to the track any more, so there won't be that weekly abuse.

I don't want to spend a million dollars, but I want the necessary items so this trans will last.

Car can run 125 mph on 20# of boost.

The Billet forward drum shaft seems necessary.

The question is what else should I make sure I get to go inside the trans?
:smile:

Call Chris at CK Performance, his parts are first rate he can tell you what you need and ship it to you.

I haven't been on the boards in a few years

I'm going to have a local shop rebuild my 200r4. They don't specialize in these trans. They specialize in trans for classic cars and they have a great reputation.

IMHO letting the local shop build your 2004R is as risky as sex with a prostitute.... you just don't know what you might get :eek:

I have read probably dozens of posts over the years where people here have entrusted their tranny rebuilds to someone convenient... with poor results. They are rarely cheaper... and usually have all stock parts in them.

IMHO..... Call Brian Hoffer (board member Brian)...... or Chris at CK performance. They will set you up..... ship it to your house...... and have nothing but great reviews..... check the feedback forum. I watch Brian's prices fairly regularly.... they are in the $1500 (no core needed) range for an 11 sec capable trans... shipping included..... and you won't find ANYONE that is running a Brian Hoffer trans that is unhappy.

HTH