Need a trans guy in or around south jersey

Dreamn4GN

This is for my buddy. He has an 86 monte SS with a 355 and a 200r4. He had a trans done up by Eric for Dynotech years ago and she's finally breaking down. Anyone know any reputable builders for these trans? Anyone know if any of the Dynotech guys are working elsewhere? I'm going to try on the "other " forums and see what the MAGNA guys have to say. But looking for some info thanks

Thanks for the post Phil. I remembered my user name and password. Haven't been here a while but good to be back.

The build is as follows:

Holley 750
Edlebrock RPM
Dart Iron Eagle 180CC cast iron heads
XE268 cam
10:1
Hooker longtubes, x-pipe, single chamber flowmasters
Dynotech Built 500 HP build from roughly 2004.
Protorque 2800 converter
Rebuilt stock 7.5" rear

Thinking probably high 12's with traction.

Over the last few months the trans it starting to flare on the 2-3 shift on heavy loads. Like 1/2 to full throttle on the 2-3 shift it will almost slip a little. Normal driving conditions the shifts are firm and crisp. TV cable is adjusted perfect, plenty of cherry red fluid,in the pan, not burnt and no metal. All other shifts at full throttle are perfect. I guess the moral of the story is nothing is bullet proof. Yes this trans could handle 500 HP but its over what period of time I should have asked. Anyway, I don't expect to go faster than 12.50 for a while and want an overdrive trans so I guess every 10 years I will have to have it refreshed as part of the game we play. Don't get me wrong I had a great experience with Eric at Dynotech and if he was still with us the trans would be right there on his work bench. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the post Phil. I remembered my user name and password. Haven't been here a while but good to be back.

The build is as follows:

Holley 750
Edlebrock RPM
Dart Iron Eagle 180CC cast iron heads
XE268 cam
10:1
Hooker longtubes, x-pipe, single chamber flowmasters
Dynotech Built 500 HP build from roughly 2004.
Protorque 2800 converter
Rebuilt stock 7.5" rear

Thinking probably high 12's with traction.

Over the last few months the trans it starting to flare on the 2-3 shift on heavy loads. Like 1/2 to full throttle on the 2-3 shift it will almost slip a little. Normal driving conditions the shifts are firm and crisp. TV cable is adjusted perfect, plenty of cherry red fluid,in the pan, not burnt and no metal. All other shifts at full throttle are perfect. I guess the moral of the story is nothing is bullet proof. Yes this trans could handle 500 HP but its over what period of time I should have asked. Anyway, I don't expect to go faster than 12.50 for a while and want an overdrive trans so I guess every 10 years I will have to have it refreshed as part of the game we play. Don't get me wrong I had a great experience with Eric at Dynotech and if he was still with us the trans would be right there on his work bench. Thanks for the help.

I am very familar with Erics work. Give me a call, I can help you out. I am 10 minutes from where Dynotech was located in Island Park

David
516-285-1103