Need a new radiator-recommendations?

Re: Postage stamp sized?

Originally posted by HI85WH1
You mean like the N/A v-6 cars

Exactly. The 84 - mid 85 TRs used the same rad as the N/A V-6. In mid 85, the rad went to the wider core used in the I/C TRs and V-8 G-bodies. These later 85 TRs had a specific fan shroud, wide radiator, different upper hose, 20-bolt block, and powermaster brake system. There may be some other differences as well. I have had an early and late 85 T-Type and could compare them side by side.

Aloha,

Tom, then the early '85 also had Hydroboost brakes like the '84? Actually, I have a factory service manual (darn things about as thick as 3 phone books!) but it does'nt go into the different radiator sizes or brake system variances...that I recall. -Rob

Hey Chris!

IF you give up your daily visits to Starbucks for about a month, there's your Radiator! if not you could always pass on the lemon bars!:D but it might take you a little longer...

Sorry, just being a smartass(as usual)

_Rob

Originally posted by HI85WH1
Tom, then the early '85 also had Hydroboost brakes like the '84?

Yep. My early 85 has hydroboost and a 14 bolt block, just like my 84. (Need to get them both running someday,) :( There are also two different part numbers to the hot air intake manifold. Obviously some difference between the two, but don't know when this takes place in the production run.

But, were getting off the subject of radiators now. :)

Aloha,