NC Get together..

I've got a newly aquired women in Raleigh now, but don't see me driving the beast up there to leave it in the parking lot over night! I'm too used to Charlotte crime, and would weep to see my wheels gone and car on blocks!

Ryan

NCTYPHOON- Do I need to reserve something with Jordan Lake? Or is it a just show up thing.

End of april work for everyone? Actually 5/1

End of April or first part of May should be good weather. With the covered areas where Cheryl is talking about is a real nice place and plenty of paved parking. Richie even brought out his car & trailer last time or the next to last time.
Looking forward to see everyone.

Gary

Barring anything really stupid happening-should be good or me maybe even my car too.

Originally posted by aperrego
NCTYPHOON- Do I need to reserve something with Jordan Lake? Or is it a just show up thing.

End of april work for everyone? Actually 5/1

At Vista Point - There is a large picnic shelter that you can reserve for (I think) $60 (back in 2001, I reserved it for a family get-together) Park Office is right off of Hwy 64, where it passes over the lake. Vista Point is pretty far off the beaten path, so not to many people go there, so we could get lucky and have it all to ourselves for free. On the other hand, some people have had a tricky time finding it. There are smaller grilling areas (for cooking the food) as well, in the event that someone DID rent it, the parking lot is fairly big - or maybe even use the boat trailer parking lot right beside the picnic area!

BTW, how do y'all feel about inviting GMMOC?

Hey the more the merrier.. I will go ahead and invite them, Hell we are al gm's here.

I will go to bj's a couple days before hand and get some burgers/hotdogs and stuff like that.

Lets set it for May 1 weather permitting. ;)

It would be nice to get a headcount so I won't get tooo little or toooooooooooo much. If you know what I mean.

I will get in contact with Vista Point for reservations...

I will start a new thread to get a head count for the food/volunteers etc.

Thanks! and look forward to meeting everyone.

I have NEVER had to reserve the shelter we all go to. Vista Pointe is more of a boat launching place. Pretty much as long as someone gets there by about 10am, we have the whole secluded parking lot and area to ourselves. Later in summer there is a bit more of a crowd due to camping, other than the occasional park ranger checking to see if we're behaving, no one else comes there