My two Turbo's :)

Quick Chick

Toy is my 1987 Buick Grand National - My Daily is a 2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo

12074880_10206214154325932_8745188235189709477_n.jpg

10599630_10203141315946893_6270125236368546359_n.jpg

11949316_10205848005532441_5228213765722596672_n.jpg

11935032_10205848005852449_108667541608258819_n.jpg

Like the GN, the Sonata not so much. My son had a 13 turbo sonata and it was pretty fast. Off the line it did well I estimate it was a high to mid 14 second car. It was comfortable too. He's got a 16 now and it's slow. They dropped the hp by 30! It also makes a racket. It's got very noisy lifters. I've heard others and some are much qutter than his but on the hyundai forum plenty of people are complaining about the noise. He's going to dunp this pos in the spring. He can't stand the foot pedal position as it's mounted to the floor and the head rests are canted too far forward with no adjustments along with the noisy lifters and lackluster performance he's so pissed he doesn't care what it takes to get out of this car. Oh and to add insult to injury, his winter tire package won't fit on the 16. They made the calipers larger. Too bad they ruined it.

I worked for Hyundai so, I got a great deal of course on a new car. It's very roomy, it's actually pretty quick which was surprising.... It'll spin the tires. Great on gas, liked the way it looked so why not. 3 year lease... Comfy car. Sorry your son had a bad experience with it. That does suck. I actually didn't like the 2013 models. Did he order the package on his own or thru the dealer? If the dealer did that they are stupid and I hope you got money back for it. The exhaust is a little throaty, I guess it doesn't bother me really besides I blast my music lol. Which 2016 mode does he have? I personally if I wasn't working for Hyundai at that time would have sprung for a Charger possibly.

I think it's the Sport model. It's the turbo, not the limited. The car does have nice features and i like the looks etc. I had a 13 v6 Accord and his old 13 turbo was nearly as fast as it. This one is probably not any faster than the new turbo Civic, high 15s. He got it off the lot. As far as the noisy lifters go, he took it back to the dealer and the said nothing unusual. They blame the direct injection which does make some noise but this is excessive. I talked to a local dealer and they started a turbo model for me and it was not half as loud. I wanted him to call the national customer service center to complain but he's just finished his mba and job change/relocation so he's not real focused on solving his disappointment. He just wants it out of his life.

Very nice GN. I remember when hyudia first came out in the mid '80's, at the end of the radio commercial they said "Don't say huh, say hyundai".

I think it's the Sport model. It's the turbo, not the limited. The car does have nice features and i like the looks etc. I had a 13 v6 Accord and his old 13 turbo was nearly as fast as it. This one is probably not any faster than the new turbo Civic, high 15s. He got it off the lot. As far as the noisy lifters go, he took it back to the dealer and the said nothing unusual. They blame the direct injection which does make some noise but this is excessive. I talked to a local dealer and they started a turbo model for me and it was not half as loud. I wanted him to call the national customer service center to complain but he's just finished his mba and job change/relocation so he's not real focused on solving his disappointment. He just wants it out of his life.

Turbo I am surprised because like I said, I do enjoy it. Are you sure your son doesn't have just the Sport model and not the 2.0 T? There is a difference between them. There is also a 2.0 T Limited which is the top dog. Did he lease or finance?

It's a lease and it absolutely is the turbo 2.0. I've seen reports of 0-60 times that show the low hp smaller engine gas saver turbo econo box no different than the 2.0 and I believe it. They shrunk the turbo on the 2.0.

Yeah.... Well Hyundai isn't exactly known for their horsepower lol. I still enjoy it, maybe I'm a little more satisfied because I'm coming from a 4cyl to this lol. Being your son leased it I wish you luck.... Depending on his payments or if hr doesn't care about the money that's going to be some takeover roll payment :facepalm:

Very nice GN. I remember when hyudia first came out in the mid '80's, at the end of the radio commercial they said "Don't say huh, say hyundai".

Yeah..... People don't realize because they weren't popular back then thatbthry have been around that long lol. First they were just cargo stuff. Lucky for us in working for hyundai they made us watch a video on their history lol

He knows he's going to get boned on getting rid of it. I suggested driving it to Dorchester and leaving the key on the seat.