My t-type has a v-8.

poundlb

well, i got the car and it has a 350 in it, replacing the air sucking turbo v6. i have talked to some people about what should be done... i would like to put the v6 back in but i want the national or gnx motor in it, not the carbourated **** pile. anyone see this before?

well, i got the car and it has a 350 in it, replacing the air sucking turbo v6. i have talked to some people about what should be done... i would like to put the v6 back in but i want the national or gnx motor in it, not the carbourated **** pile. anyone see this before?

Good luck finding a "GNX" motor....it would cost more than you bought your car for.....Then again I am not too sure there is a way to differentiate the GN engine from a GNx one:confused:

You can find a intercooled engine or hotair to start, then build up from there.

Ebay has a few,from time to time. Cottensperformance.com JaysGN.com sometimes has used motors as well. New and Used Turbo Regal Parts

Did they leave atleast leave the ECM in the car? Do you have anything in the car like ECM/TR harness, Fuel tank,pump anything TR left? If you don't it's gonna take a whole lot to get it back into a 3.8 Turbo. We are talking Harness,ECM, chips, Fuel tank & sending unit,pump, fuel lines etc. "anything can be done" just depends on goals and funds. You could still have a turbo regel just 5.7 procharged or Turbo, Twin turbo even.

either way Good luck keep us posted.

T-Type was a trim package. It doesn't necessarily mean it was a turbo. Some came with V-8s. Sometimes you'll see someone trying to sell one saying how rare it is. What is the engine code? (8th digit in the vin)

T-Type was a trim package. It doesn't necessarily mean it was a turbo. Some came with V-8s. Sometimes you'll see someone trying to sell one saying how rare it is. What is the engine code? (8th digit in the vin)

stupid me:rolleyes: , i forgot They did come with V8s I thought someone changed out the motor, well my above statements are still good. Just means you dont have anything TR in your T-type V8. Which means alot of work is needed but again "anything can be done"

If it was me, I would either 383 it or 355 with Some type of Force induction system, procharged or my choice Twin turbo.

Take care

If it is an 8 from the factory, then that just means a little more work. Trust me it isn't that hard to hybridize (made up word). If a donor vehicle can be found, then that is the best way to do it.

Thats a cool car...I had a T Type years ago with a factory 8. I blew the original V8 with N02 and replaced it with a Vortec 4.3 V6. It was a fun car but some jerk stole it....bet they thought it had a LC2. F***rs. Go Procharger or TT on that.

Stay with the Chevy 350. Experts at car shows tell me I should get rid of that little 6 and get a Chevy. They know their stuff.