My project car plan... odd but im hopful and excited

needcash

I will start off with a 98 or 99 camaro or firrebird... tub it out (at least mini tubs), roll bar, and all the goodies but without sacrificing any comfert features.

the here is the good part... a very strong (VERY STRONG!) daily drivble 93 octaine turbo buick motor.

i had the idea and then found a article in a old GM high tech mag (bye bye birdie ) so i know its possible. i think it sould just slide into place with a new trans and a adapter type kit, new computer, stronger drive trane and suspension

what do you think? am i crazy? to much money to be worth it?

sound killer, you might want to consider (if you already havent.) would you be able to fit the heads in there? i know on the TTA they had to use the heads of a FWD 3.8 I beleve it had something to do with the angle of the exaust ports and the upper shock mounts. i think ther where a couple of other different things to but i can't rembember. any plans for alky??

good luck with it sounds cool :D

In the TTA they used different heads in order to fit the a/c compressor and they used different headers.

Many GN engines have been swapped into 3rd gen Camaros. I doubt the 4th gen models differ. I doubt you will be able to run a/c but if that isn't a problem than you should be good to go.

If you want to run 93 octane all the time.... invest in an alcohol injection kit or propain injection.

There is a hybrid section over at http://www.turbobuicks.com that should be able to provide you with some answers. Believe it or not.... but 3:27 gearing is about perfect out back.

Weight kills HP.... why not start with something really light like a Datsun 240Z/RX-7 or other lightweight?

-Mark

alchy is not necessary for a good pump gas motor! But it is a good thing to have. My combo should give me a good
11.60 or so on pump gas. That is no slouch! I have seen several guys do that number on a turbo not as big as mine. (te60) on pump gas no alchy.