My oily mess....

GTABurnout

Pulled off the intake plenum to polish it and found oil on power plate top of plenum inside of throttle body and down in the intercooler....

None in the up pipe.... See pics... turbo seals?? or other problems?? please help !!!

My mess...

PCV..oil is sucked throughthe PCV and into the motor..

Put a high flow alcohol kit and you'll wash all that stuff off :)

Another benefit to alcohol injection..

Your mess is normal..unless there is a lot of blowby and/or bad PCV.

check the turbo, with no pcv the only way to get oil into the intake is through the tb, a leaky intake gasket or blowby pushing oil back through the heads.

Compression test!
Check turbo!
Check intake gasket!

No PCV..thats a bad thing on a street car. You need a PCV to keep the vapors out and oil clean..The top of your valve covers will get milky from condensation vapors that are inside the motor. On a race car yes to the no PCV..

No way oil can get to the back of the throttle body and not in the up-pipe...unless it had a PCV at some time and was latter removed...If the turbo has gone bad..you'll have oil in the up-pipe.

I'll answer your question with a question...

Why did GM engineers decide to put a PCV on the motor ? Or what is the reason to run a PCV? Both of these should get to the same spot.

Grumpy..he's a little thick..dont worry..he'll come around.

Lastly..not running a PCV affects your MAF tables since it(the PCV) is a controlled air leak...

My question is: what did you do with the PCV it had one when you bought the car????hehe

ALSO does the intercooler have oil in it???

Hunter, the PCV valve is located in the intake on the pass side between the runners for the back 2 cylinders. I am sure it is still there as it was when you bought the car. HTH

Hunter if the intercooler had oil in it the turbo is the culprit!! I would have it rebuilt, there are many places that can do this for not much money!!!

Did some reasurch and I understand what the pcv valve is I do still have one.. I was confusing it with the breather...