My Newest Ride ... 2001 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe ---

alwayscode390

Here are a few teaser pics , I will post a few more later from the road trip back :)
Its a 2001 Dodge Viper GTS with 20k miles.
20ijfi0.png

30m94s1.png

27zem1l.png

I bought the car as "stock" but it has a few decent mods:
* 3" corsa exhaust with stainless tips
* 3" high flow cats
* 3.73 rear gears
* Smooth Intake Tubes + K&N Filters
* Dyno tune + speedo calibration
* Skip Shift Eliminator on the 6 speed
* Eibach Lowering Springs
* Drilled/Slotted Rotors
* Full Stereo
* 5% tint all around with window strip
* Tinted Headlights, turn signals, fogs, and rear light covers
* 20" HRE 3-peice Wheels (10" wide fronts, 13" wide rears) w/ Nitto Tires
and a few more little things ... im still finding the stuff as I go through the car.
There isnt much I want to do to it , the previous owner had good taste IMO :) . May have to get the car inspected without the tinted covers, and get the side windows retinted to 20 or 35% so I dont give them a reason to pull me over constantly.
These things are pretty good all around performers. 450hp / 490 tq stock, 190mph top speed, 0-60 in 4.4 , 1/4 mile in 12.2 , and 0-100-0 in 12 seconds.
I will add an exhaust sound clip soon too.
I feel like a rockstar in this thing. Pics are taken CONSTANTLY , horns honked, I get waves and thumbs up, lol ... too fun!!! ---

Dyno Sheet:
2h3a0dz.jpg

Video of the pull:
I just got this car 3 weeks ago ... and decided I should get a Dyno Pull going so I can make sure its running well with the few modifications that I have found on it. I bought it from a dealer that said it was "stock minus the wheels" HAHAH.
Mods:
*Smooth Tubes
*Full Corsa 3" exhaust with High Flow Cats
*3.73 Rear Gears
*Dyno Tune
*20" HRE Wheels with 345/25/20 tires
It was 94 Degrees in the room ... OUCH!!!
Results were 425 hp / 460 tq @ the WHEELS, which is about 500 hp / 540 tq @ the ENGINE.
A/F Average was 12.27 ... is that pretty typical and normal (SAFE?) for a Naturally Aspirated Engine?
A/F Ratios seems constant, the runs were consistant, and I got the power I was HOPING for ... so I am a happy camper.
What type of 1/4 mile times should I be able to see with this kind of power (3400lbs)? Is it enough that on a perfect run I can dip into the 11's? ( 11.99? ). Stock they run 12.2 or even a little better I heard.
Thanks for the comments and for looking!!! :) ---

I think I have a state inspector hookup that will allow me to leave the tint.

She actually grabs and goes with the NEW tires on it ... plus I try my hardest not to peel out ... $650 a peice on the rears!!!

They blue book around $50k ... I got this one for a little less :) ---

Dayum Nate!!!! that looks awesome... and those HRE's are cool... you definitely got a nice one! HREs are probably 10gs alone new. My friends brother has a Red GTS and he gets looks everywhere he goes... Cops especially like them and actually let him get away with stuff...

aaron

Hey Aaron, nice to hear from you brotha!!! :)

I am honestly surprised ... I havent been pulled over yet in it and I have driven it without a front plate and with all the tinted stuff over 2500 miles.

I think that MAY change when it gets MO plates on it and they dont think I am an out of towner anymore ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! ---

Nice! I never really gave it much thought of getting a Viper until I got my truck and experienced the awesome V10 power and tone. Truck put down 517rwhp and 565rwtq with 6psi of boost. I've since added some long tube headers and changed to Magnaflow muffs and removed a cat from each side leaving the fronts cat on each side. Adding a methanol inj kit soon then going back to dyno. Now I'm itching to get one if I can make room in the garage.
Cheers!

SWEET Truck :) ... I honestly hated the V10 sound from vids on Youtube, but once I heard my car with the corsa 3" exhaust in person ... I LOVE IT !!!

I didnt like the turbo6 sound either, until I got used to it with the Syclone and TTA ... now I enjoy them too ;)

Growing up with v8's made me more used to that sound I guess ---

Yeah those are quick, easy 12.2's. I'd always lose to them by a few mph when I raced them in my stock 2001 Z06 back in the day.

SWEET Truck :) ... I honestly hated the V10 sound from vids on Youtube, but once I heard my car with the corsa 3" exhaust in person ... I LOVE IT !!!

I didnt like the turbo6 sound either, until I got used to it with the Syclone and TTA ... now I enjoy them too ;)

Growing up with v8's made me more used to that sound I guess ---
Thanks, makes for the perfect pair if you need a truck :) Prices are down on them big time given the economy and gas prices.
Yeah I was the same way, always had V8's around, but always wanted to have something different. Put some LT headers and with straight thru exhaust makes the V10 sound awesome! Couldn't imagine what it would sound with with a slightly bigger cam and a little head work!
Both the V6 and the V10 have sounds that can't be duplicated by a V8 and will get respected one way or the other when they only see your tail lights :) The truck has surprised a lot of unsuspecting people and it doesn't have any badging on the side to notice :D

Have to throw an engine pic in here..Belanger makes the headers and are the best of the best for V10 headers!
DSCN2822.jpg

Awesome!!!

2 quik ... WOW, you have the newer version intake on there too ... your engine pushes 500hp from the factory at the engine, right? ---