my new toy

wish98was87

Just moved from NY to NJ a few months ago and got my NJ permits and this was my first purchase.. its a smith and wesson 627 from the performance center.. man is this thing beautiful and fits perfect!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
Very nice 8 shot .357 Magnum revolver! Looks a little bit like my 686 SSR Pro Series revolver.

Very nice 8 shot .357 Magnum revolver! Looks a little bit like my 686 SSR Pro Series revolver.

Thanks! yea this thing is beautiful.. I had shot the Ruger and S&W686 and was going to get a 686 but I'm a pretty big guy and when I got to the gun shop I handled a 686 with a 6" barrel and then they had this thing. It was between those two (i was trying to justify the extra 300 for the 627) but this thing just felt and fit so perfect in my hands since it was a large frame (N) whereas the 686 is smaller/lighter (K/L). And damn, shooting this thing, 38s might as well be 22s.. NO recoil.. and even the 357s it chews up and spits out without to much kick. Next up, 1911 shopping

-Rich

Thanks! yea this thing is beautiful.. I had shot the Ruger and S&W686 and was going to get a 686 but I'm a pretty big guy and when I got to the gun shop I handled a 686 with a 6" barrel and then they had this thing. It was between those two (i was trying to justify the extra 300 for the 627) but this thing just felt and fit so perfect in my hands since it was a large frame (N) whereas the 686 is smaller/lighter (K/L). And damn, shooting this thing, 38s might as well be 22s.. NO recoil.. and even the 357s it chews up and spits out without to much kick. Next up, 1911 shopping

-Rich

Yeah the N-frame revolver is probably about as heavy as a Ruger GP100, it is beefy. The nice thing I like about the Smiths compared to the Rugers is the trigger. Nice smooth trigger and really doesn't need any work right out of the box. The Rugers are very well built but the triggers are not as refined as the Smiths. Also, everything on the Smith is smoothed out including the hammer spur, whereas the Ruger has a rougher overall finish. This is why you pay more for a Smith.

Very nice grips on a classic style frame good to something other than polymer for a change.

Very nice grips on a classic style frame good to something other than polymer for a change.

Agreed! It actually came with a set of black polymer/rubber grips but I dont know if I could bring myself to put them on.. it looks to good with the wood grips on it

For your .45 you going classic style, custom or more modern?
I shoot the Taurus PT945 which I love but isn't a popular style.

For your .45 you going classic style, custom or more modern?
I shoot the Taurus PT945 which I love but isn't a popular style.

Umm well I think I'd like to get one of each haha but right now Im thinking about a Kimber custom II, the Remington R1 and the Springfield Range Officer to check out.. but I'm definitely open to suggestions and going to take my time and look around.. Ill have to check out that Taurus Ive never seen one

Umm well I think I'd like to get one of each haha but right now Im thinking about a Kimber custom II, the Remington R1 and the Springfield Range Officer to check out.. but I'm definitely open to suggestions and going to take my time and look around.. Ill have to check out that Taurus Ive never seen one

Since you are in the market for a 1911 you HAVE to check out this link~~ http://www.1911addicts.com/showthread.php?511-Buyer-s-guide-for-all-you-1911-addicts

That's a nice revolver. Looks heavy enough to make bigger loads more manageable. Sorta reminds me of the one below which as you can see has got to be a biotch to load into the GN. Heavier +P loads no problem though..;)
Gun and GN.jpg

Billy

That's a nice revolver. Looks heavy enough to make bigger loads more manageable. Sorta reminds me of the one below which as you can see has got to be a biotch to load into the GN. Heavier +P loads no problem though..;)
View attachment 171610

Billy

Haha yeaa i dont know if the GN has enough space to fit that bad boy.. Looks good with the blued finish I definitely want to get one maybe in 38.. Yea I plan to go shoot again this weekend and like I said, the heavier loads are really no problem at all I love this thing. Thanks!

-Rich

wish98was87 said:
Just moved from NY to NJ a few months ago and got my NJ permits and this was my first purchase.. its a smith and wesson 627 from the performance center.. man is this thing beautiful and fits perfect!

I was looking at that one. Its beautiful, but a little big for me to carry. I got the GP 100 Wiely Clapp edition. But let me know how it shoots.

I was looking at that one. Its beautiful, but a little big for me to carry. I got the GP 100 Wiely Clapp edition. But let me know how it shoots.

Yea its definitely not a conceal carry gun haha.. maybe open carry if you want to intimidate but thats about all.. I shot it the day I got it and will hopefully go out again this weekend, it shoots great though takes any load with no issues and 38s are like bb's. Ive never seen that GP, I'd love to see a pic!

-Rich

Yea its definitely not a conceal carry gun haha.. maybe open carry if you want to intimidate but thats about all.. I shot it the day I got it and will hopefully go out again this weekend, it shoots great though takes any load with no issues and 38s are like bb's. Ive never seen that GP, I'd love to see a pic!

-Rich

i cant get this damn photo to upload. i guess you will have to google it

thanks! Yea im gonna go out shooting again tomorrow. I want to rent a few pistols too to see what may be next. that gp is nice! I really am a fan of the flat stainless finish instead of the real shiny stuff.. happy shooting!

-Rich