my hybrid dreams

GNX Jerry

Although this is usually about putting the honorable turbo 6 into just about anything...my thoughts are inclined to make my GN
drive like a Ferrari. What could be done to accomplish this??

How about putting the GN body onto the soon-to-be released
CADILLAC STS-V chassis and drivetrain. Why? How about
0-60 in under 4.9 seconds, 160+ top speed, and world class lap times at Germany's famed Nurburgring. Not bad for a sedan that weighs 4290 lbs.

Imagine a GN, powered by a supercharged Cadillac Northstar V8
making a record 440 hp and 430 lb-ft.,with a six speed auto. Then, you could run with the big dogs..ie, BMW M5, Porsche 911 turbo M.B. CLK55 AMG.

...think Monster Garage would tackle this one?

No.... why would they, is an STS powered by an LC2 anything monster? No. They have already done it with an CTS so it shouldn't be too hard with an STS.

I want to see them turn a Centurian convertable, ie land yacht, into a boot with a real sail and everthing.

As for as hybrid dreams go.....
Full tube framed, 4dr, 61 Buick Special (yes I like the 4dr better than the 2dr) with a TA block and headed 274cid, twin turbo'd, and a built TH200-4R and a Dana 60 rear on a 3-link (a la NASCAR) rear suspention and a full NHRA certified cage that actually lets you use the back seat and doors and take it out on the Silver State classic open road racing course aiming for fastest moredoor. I think I'll do this anyway but with a 3800 Series II or III motor as a base with its lower deck height, greater inherent strength, and greater availability. I don't know about the tube frame but the rest of it should be within my grasp after I finish up my current hybrid project, a 4.1 powered 65 Riviera.