My GN got rear ended today New a very good body shop.

lrayzer

Shop Dawg Emma
:mad: Got rear ended in my 87 GN today by some young B*tch on a cell phone, 48,000 miles, bought it new.
I'm in Northwest Florida, but willing to move the car for the right work.
Her insurance will be paying dearly. Car needs a rear bumper, RR 1/4 and wheelwell trim, rear fillers etc, tailights may have survived, not sure about the rear trunk panel, trunk and spoiler were not hit but it is tweaked.
Frame is pulled down and in, rubbing on my Hoosier right now, I want NOS body panels but am willing to use fiberglass fillers and bumper, would not mind doing more work on the car, which insurance shops will not touch.

Did I mention the rage, yeah I'm absolutely sick Buick GN Accident 9-1-2011 015.jpgBuick GN Accident 9-1-2011 007.jpgBuick GN Accident 9-1-2011 028.jpgBuick GN Accident 9-1-2011 033.jpgBuick GN Accident 9-1-2011 004.jpg

Sorry about your accident i see people all the time driving while chatting or texting all the time.

OUCH!!!! With the frame and quarter damage, I'm not going to be suprised if they total it out. Thats not going to be cheap to fix.

I hope your ok! I dont know about totaling it out. The values of our cars has gone up in the last 2 years. The attached is the value based on my zip code on NADA website.
Pricing Original MSRP Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
$15,136 $9,100 $14,450 $32,000
Options: (add options)
See all options chosen
TOTAL PRICE $15,136 $9,100 $14,450 $32,000

Good luck with the repairs. Jon Hanson

Mike, that totally SUCKS! That car was so awesomely clean, hope you can get 'er back to pristine soon. :mad:

Thanks guys, Geico is sending someout out to my house next week to appraise it, already heard the "Total" word, they WILL have a fight on their hands and I appreciate the feedback on current values, I never really kept track as the car was never going to be sold.
Rental car and Doctor tomorrow, my back is killing me.
I figure they are looking at $7,000 in repairs, drivers seat is broke, so is the bottom of the dash, definitely killed one of my Hoosiers, I was never going to molest this car, now it will not matter, might be cage time, fender has sort of a Corvette L88 appearance now, I have visions of old IMSA car flares, better sit down and have another beer.
I will wash it up this weekend and take a closer look at everything, then throw up again.:mad:

Me too Russ, I have dis-assembled cars all over my property right now, My lowered dually was hit new years eve, and the bed is off, the TSO car is still welded to the jackstands on the workshop, My sons 86 GN rebuild project in the car trailer will also take a hit, my Impala is waiting for a new AC compressor, which just got shuffled up the priority list !

Did I mention the ecomomy sucks and there is NO cashflow for car projects ?

Me too Russ, I have dis-assembled cars all over my property right now, My lowered dually was hit new years eve, and the bed is off, the TSO car is still welded to the jackstands on the workshop, My sons 86 GN rebuild project in the car trailer will also take a hit, my Impala is waiting for a new AC compressor, which just got shuffled up the priority list !

Did I mention the ecomomy sucks and there is NO cashflow for car projects ?

I'm gonna say a prayer for you that the "big" storms stay away from Ft Walton Beach for awhile. ;) Sounds like you have your hands full for now!

Doctor visit first and lawyer visit after that! I hate what I call DREXTERS. Hope you can get her back together. Keep us posted on your progress. Since you have it insured with Geico it will be interesting to see how they play. I have them for the DD's but the GN is insured thru Grundy. Hope you make out OK.

Mike, just got on the board for the first time in a while. Sorry to hear about the car. Did you have regular incurance or collector? That'll help to determine the total loss value. This sucks dude, sorry to hear about it!

Also I heard from an insurance agent. When they come to appraise it make sure the car is clean. Washed, tire shined, vacummed etc. They say it makes a difference. Have a print out of what similiar cars are selling for and print the NADA list. Sorry for your loss.

I got hit a few years ago by some illegal immigrant when I daily drove my GN. Obviously he didnt have insurance, or an understanding of the English language, so I had to go through Geico who carried my policy at the time. They came and appraised the car when i was not home and told me they were going to total it. I called them back and discussed with them that it wasnt just an 87 Regal, sent them NADA values, for sale ads, etc. In the end they ended up paying the $3600 or so to fix it. Im sure they'll take care of you, hope it works out. Good luck.

I have a great idea!! Post your location so the Buick community can post "classified ads" near by. This will help bring up market value on your vehicle, if there are plenty that are being sold for what they are worth, they can't pull the whole "it's a rare car and it's hard to really find market value on it." card, I'm sure they won't want to pay what it's worth. Also, when making plans for repairs, know your rights, don't let them make you choose from where they want it repaired. You have the right to get your car fixed where you want it fixed period. I worked for a body shop for quite a while, so these are my .02 hope it all goes well for you man!! If it helps, I could be selling my car for $25,000 86 GN ttop...;)

Ya what Tristnsgn said. My last two payout have been settled this way I got hosed on my jeep, if they would have looked a week later the payout would have been almost $5000 more because of the quality of jeeps being sold then. Just have some buddy's post cars for sale around your value

I JUST picked up an NOS right 1/4 panel today with a car I bought. Looks like a good home for it. Problem is, it's in Kansas and I will not even consider shipping this. If insurance is paying, get them to buy NOS fillers. M233roller has some, they are not cheap. I also have a bare metal GN rear bumper. Not trying to make this a for sale thread, but you are in dire need of an NOS 1/4 and I have one. Not going to charge you $1500 or anything stupid like that either. But you gotta find a way to get it :)

bob

This incident should be a wake up call to NOT put a fiberglass bumper on a street car. What would the rear look like if the one on there now was fiberglass?

I'm saying that it likely saved the back of the car from more damage. The bumper and shock took quite a bit of the force, not gonna happen with fiberglass.