My Gn Died Help!!!

quick85nat

6 shooter
Today driving to work i was coming upon a straitaway and i gave my car a little gas to downshift from 3rd to second and when it downshifted it stalled out and wouldnt restart,the car is not giving a code,i know i have fuel pressure,and the timing chain was just done 800 miles ago,there is no coolant in the oil and vice versa.....it does seem like its turning over easier,maybe its just me though,but i dont hear any gringing or hitting when it turns over so i dont think the chain snapped....i dont know what to do but i have enough fun with this car,my dad is sick of me asking to use his jeep when my mighty buick dies,which is too frequent,any help would be appreciated,

make a quick check of all the fuses especially the ecm and ign you never know and a friends car did the same thing...ecm fuse.

Make sure that the crank position sensor didn't get loose and get whacked by the harmonic balancer interupter ring. A crank position sensor failure will cause a no start.

Ahhh yes, my friend, the old crank sensor. I just discovered that was my problem. Car all of a sudden started running like crap then died, couldn't start it again. Just found this past weekend that the crank sensor did in fact come loose and was getting banged up by the interupter ring.

Just a bit more info for anyone that cares- The overall culprit of my GN's crank sensor problem was my tie down strap broke the alternator ring bolt. That in turn (I didn't exactly fix it right away ;) ), caused my intercooler bracket on the passenger side to break and then if you notice the crank sensor bracket is help by the same intercooler bracket on the drivers side. It rattled the bracket loose enough to in turn move my crank sensor. Now I have like 3 parts to fix instead of initially taking care of the tie down strap I-bolt! Fun stuff indeed, I may just have to do some poly motor mounts now.