My car is inconsistant or I am

BOP4ever

Took the GN out of the garage since it was cool and it had not been driven in a while.

Thing is the car is running weak it feels like...
from a dead stop it spins the Nittos after about 10-20 feet for about 20 more feet then sticks and goes...
Nothing to impressive...Boost was spiking to 25 psi to btw...
later year it was leaving black marks at 50 mph if I punched it... and feeling really good...
My rental Camery felt more peppy today....

No other symptoms other than the knock alarm going off with nothing showing on the scanmaster, but I turned the alcohol up and it quit so I don't know....
It was a very short run today just didn't feel string to me today....

The question I have would be how old is your gas?

I drained my race car fuel tank today as it has been sitting 5 months in our hottest months and do not trust it, as it certainly has lost lots of octane and do not want to push it without fresh fuel.

This is done at least 2 times a year since some old gas in the tank never gets completely used up and dilutes the new fuel.

Gas is old .
Down to about 1/4 and is probably 3 months or so old...

I'll top it off and see if it helps. Something else it did was nearly die when I took off from a red light just off idle, but otherwise it ran fine and smooth . I have a late model GTO going the opposite way down the street rev at me and break the tires loose and I recepricated that's when I noticed the lack of power it was a dog .

I've experienced the same issue a couple of times after letting the car sit for an extended period of time. The first time it really caught me off guard. The car was running good as always while started/idling in the garage/driveway, then i decided to drive up to visit a friend at his shop one afternoon about 2 miles away. I get about a block from the shop and decided to get on it a little bit about half throttle. The damn thing started cutting out and was down on power and couldn't get out of its own way. I made it to the parking lot and checked to see what could be causing it to do that, i left it running and went through the scanmaster readings the only 1 that looked bad was the battery volts being lower than normal. But i had just put a new battery in it a week prior to this. The engine was struggling to stay running while i sat there,but i didn't want to shut it off. My friend had already left before i got there. So i decide to just drive back to the house babying the car easy. I made it back without it cutting off but it was trying to. As soon as i got it in the garage i put the battery charger on it and it took 4 hours to get a full charge. I looked everything over plugs,coil pack,wires,etc. and never found anything wrong. I was kind of expecting the same thing to happen again when i took the car out,was thinking i had a bad battery issue. But the car ran great not a single glitch next time out. So before i go out with the car anymore i put the charger on it well in advance to make sure the battery is fully charged.

This taught me to never just put a new battery in without checking to see if it is fully charged.

Last edited:
I keep mine on a battery tender and the car was smooth other than a stumble pulling away from a red light which was on a hill. Mostly it just was sluggish ...
This car or maybe it me has always done this seems good sometimes other times it just seems to make noise and can't get out of its own way..it has ran 12.4 at 110 with this exact tune over changed nothing in 2 years on the car.

Mine was running normal also until i went part throttle and then it all went to crap.

Does your battery tender have a meter on it that shows the battery is actually charged? If not do you check it with a DVM.

It might be helpful to take the car to an auto parts store and have them test your charging system,for peace of mind,to know all is good. It doesn't cost anything for the service.

No it's cheap HF unit just a led .
Scan master said 13.1 At idle . My voltage readings are always high 12 to very low 13/ fwiw. It was a bit unsteady at idle initially after starting . It has been about 3 weeks since if drove it. I've not done anything to the charging system volt boosters etc...'another thing I've noticed the last few times is the o2 at idle is in the .500 range . Open loop idle with the TT5.6
Seems to wake up after I start driving . It is a Denso or AC Delco sensor fwiw.

Thanks