My buddy Mike's Buick work in process

WIKEDV6

This car originally belonged to Ron Pylati of ANS performance and I want to say back in the early to mid 90's it was considered one of the fastest Buicks in the country. I remember seeing this car pulled 3 wheels of the ground in Bowling green, KY and stood up on the rear right bumper. That was pretty scary. Anyway, now it belongs to Mike Finch of Crystal Lake. The car is no where near done yet but here are some pictures of before, during and current work in progress.

Prasad

Attachments

• Picture II 287.jpg
    Picture II 287.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Picture II 288.jpg
    Picture II 288.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Picture III 026.jpg
    Picture III 026.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Picture III 027.jpg
    Picture III 027.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • mikeeinside.jpg
    mikeeinside.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,066
More pics

Attachments

• mikeepics.jpg
    mikeepics.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,076
  • mikeeunerhood2.jpg
    mikeeunerhood2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,069
  • mikeeunerhood3.jpg
    mikeeunerhood3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,059
  • mikeunderhood.jpg
    mikeunderhood.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Picture III 038.jpg
    Picture III 038.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,049
Some more pics!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture III 040.jpg
    Picture III 040.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Picture III 041.jpg
    Picture III 041.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,034
  • Picture III 035.jpg
    Picture III 035.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,034
  • Picture III 036.jpg
    Picture III 036.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Picture III 049.jpg
    Picture III 049.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,029
The color is called Atomic Orange from the new Vette!!!!. The car was bought as a roller. For now we installed a Twin turbo setup on a 109 Built block. Mike has a 278 Cube Stage II motor on the stand with a PT 88 single turbo setup ready to go. This baby should get up and go.

I hope you guys like it. It looks bad A$$ in person!!!!!!

Prasad

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like a pretty badass setup!:cool: What size turbos is he running?? Please give us some details on the combination and definitely keep us updated with more progress pics:smile:

The color is called Atomic Orange from the new Vette!!!!. The car was bought as a roller. For now we installed a Twin turbo setup on a 109 Built block. Mike has a 278 Cube Stage II motor on the stand with a PT 88 single turbo setup ready to go. This baby should get up and go.

I hope you guys like it. It looks bad A$$ in person!!!!!!

Prasad

Oops, didn't see this before I posted.. Twin turbo on a 109?? Sounds like fun:biggrin:

The twins are 60mm Ptrim with .59 a/r On certer exhaust housing.

HTH

Prasad

We thought about long and hard about pushing that 109 down the track but decided against it.

Prasad

Ron was a maniac as anyone that saw his pass at the 1996 Nats can attest.

We traded top halves with him shortly thereafter and got all his twin turbo stuff and he got our M&A heads and single turbo stuff.

Ron was a maniac as anyone that saw his pass at the 1996 Nats can attest.

We traded top halves with him shortly thereafter and got all his twin turbo stuff and he got our M&A heads and single turbo stuff.

I am glad that someone else remember that!!!!!!!!!!!

Prasad

There used to be a video of it I thought on GNTTYPE but I just looked and it isnt there any more.

There used to be a video of it I thought on GNTTYPE but I just looked and it isnt there any more.

Oh man, we would love to get our hands on that video!!:eek:, It will give Mike some motivation to finish his car plus start a fund for some racing diapers.

Where??

Did U see my car to like that choice of Atomic Orange. I have the Corvette family 69,93,98,06. My Dad told me about the color. It looks great at all times. Good choice. Hopefully I will meet up with you Chi-town GN owners next year.:cool: Hopefully I will be testing a stage 2 this spring @ US41 Morocco Ind.2008!!

Attachments

• wheels and tires for sale 2 012.jpg
    wheels and tires for sale 2 012.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 952
Did U see my car to like that choice of Atomic Orange. I have the Corvette family 69,93,98,06. My Dad told me about the color. It looks great at all times. Good choice. Hopefully I will meet up with you Chi-town GN owners next year.:cool: Hopefully I will be testing a stage 2 this spring @ US41 Morocco Ind.2008!!

Actually we were looking for an electric copper color and ran into Atomic Orange at the paint shop. This car was painted in March of 2007. We wanted to do some thing different that the norm. We saw your car pics from the Midwest challenge in September. We weren't so sure if they were both the same color. It's pretty cool though how we Buick guys have very similar tastes.

Prasad