My 87' Grand National

Little Detroit

image.jpg

Here is a picture of the car outside the dealership in Atlanta, GA. When I arrived it was parked behind a 71' Hemi Cuda on the showroom floor.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is the car parked next to my DD.

image.jpg

Here is the car in it's new home that is soon to be cleaned out.

I finally got it home. I have been looking for one of these for almost two years, and here it is. It turns out to be more car than I expected. I thought it was close to stock, but it turns out not to be. Upon a closer inspection it has several mods. Including a larger turbo, fuel injectors, fuel pump, hot wire kit, 160 degree thermostat, intercooler, air intake, chip, and a anti theft kill switch. Probably some more, but I need to take a closer look. I purchased the car from a dealer who acquired it from the cars original owner Butler Brothers Racing out of Pheonix, Arizona.

I have already discovered two aspects of the car that I absolutely detest. 1) I hate the itsy bitsy tincy wincy side view mirrors. They were a constant headache on the drive back from Atlanta, but I have no plans to alter these. 2) I hate the digital dash. It has a speedometer that flashes at 85, and a fuel gauge that reads in gallons. There is no temp, boost, psi, or RPM gauge. I would like to eventually add some gauges.

I know everyone says that the first item to purchase is a Scanmaster, but the first item that I purchased was a set of new tires. The Scanmaster will be second.

I do intend to upgrade to new fuel injectors, a new fuel pump, and a new hot wire kit. It has already been suggested that I get 60lb fuel injectors. Are there any suggestions for a fuel pump, and hot wire kit? Also, I would really like to overhaul the complete fuel systems to suit my desires. Any suggestions concerning other fuel system components?

-Robert

Last edited:
Very nice! Congratulations! It took me quite some time to find the right car too.
KID