My 85 T Type 5.3 Turbo

Heres my project, just got it running and driving about two weeks ago. Still needs some suspension work and more fuel for all the power that can be had but I sure do like driving it so far!

IMG_4952.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG this was before we finished up the dp and exhaust
illegal regal shop.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask, I have alot of pictures from the build that started back in November. On 3psi car makes 400hp and 15psi car makes 570 torque but no where near enough fuel yet for a safe pull.

thanks guys. I decided for the time period to upgrade the suspension over upgrading the fuel pump. Leave boost at 3psi for now and take care of the 120k mile original rear suspension first. Thinking of going UMI unless people recommend others? Also thought of TRZ's stuff too.

My $.02........TRZ
I changed my choice to Spohn, for my car. However, the TRZ stuff is good.

On 15psi made 546whp and 460wtq, and ran a 10.81 at 126mph on pump 93 with a 1.67 sixty foot yesterday. Now has a built 4l80e from Lonnie Diers and a yank 3800 stall converter on MT 275/50 15's. So pleased with this car so far!

now i just need to figure out why I'm losing fuel pressure. on the 10.8 pass fuel pressure fell to below 40psi. I have a racetronix double pumper with -8 feed and -6 return.

now i just need to figure out why I'm losing fuel pressure. on the 10.8 pass fuel pressure fell to below 40psi. I have a racetronix double pumper with -8 feed and -6 return.

Does the dbl pumper have the LED indicator lites for pump activation? Some folks don't hook them up. Mine are.
Could it be the 2nd pump is not turning on??

I do not have the LED's hooked up. I'm running both pumps all the time. Work day is almost so hopefully ill be able to check things over in a few.

Thanks guys. I fixed my fuel issue, had an injector O-ring beginning to leak. Hoping to see if full fuel pressure helps on the top end of the track. Felt like my MPH was alil low for the time.

Love that color and video at the track is awesome! Im in the process of building a 87 GN right now and not real sure what im gonna do on turbo size, injectors or headers. What size is the turbo, injectors and did you make your own headers? If you have any pictures of the headers please share.

Thanks
Austin